9.23.2009

Current Frustrations & Good Stuff

Frustration the First: American Airlines. Because THEY are not offering assigned seats for my second flight, I cannot check in. You know, I failed to mention my "traveling with lap infant," because I was afraid you would pull this shit. Then you go ahead and do it anyway. I hate flying, and it's not because I am scared of airplanes. It's because airlines treat you like you're horseshit. Also, I don't like taking off my shoes or being treated like a terrorist because I am attempting to smuggle baby stuff (for my baby, who is ::right here::) on board. I guess some of that is the TSA ... let's not get started on them. (And spare me the lecture on them "keeping us safe.")

There are other frustrations, including us not finding out our aircraft till after December 2009 - a month and year and idea we have had in our minds for so many years now. My husband is in the third round of assignments and the second round of assignments is apparently coming in late. It could mean nothing, but I guess I shouldn't be holding my breath for December 2009. It might be January 2010 ... but knowing how Air Force Quip operates, I imagine not much will be presented in January 2010 after they have had two weeks off. Lame.

My husband also suggested that we will be out of here in December 2010. Don't me get me wrong, I do not like this city or the weather, but I have finally made friends I actually like and will miss. Also, this house ... do we try selling early or wait till we have paper orders? I don't want to see someone else living in MY house or making friends with MY neighbors. Mrs. House of Toys said, "It's like they'll be living your life." Maybe that's an exaggeration, but it sure feels that way.

Then I'm worried about decluttering and finishing up projects and how we'll be putting all this work in and then not even enjoying it.

Sometimes, I wish I could compartmentalize my feelings and worry and bring them out when they would actually be serving a purpose ... but I don't have that. It's just everything, all the time. Everything is here and now - no past, no future. It's all right this second ... and that gets exhausting.

Also, finished reading The Hour I First Believed. Loved it. It's Wally Lamb's first novel in nine years (his previous books, She's Come Undone and I Know This Much Is True were bestsellers). Current events play a part in the fiction, and it's a very creative way to write a novel. Awesome. You should read it.

Am now reading The 5 Love Languages of Children and am attending a Christian mom's book study for it. Good book, interesting discussion.

Moose is now giving kisses (more like placing his open, drooling mouth on your face) and intiating play (he throws a blanket on his head and then pulls it down, wanting you say, "Where's Moose?" and "Peek-a-boo.") Oh, he is delicious. He could probably stand unassisted, but he doesn't. He doesn't even cruise around the furniture all the much. He's a very, very good crawler. I guess he figures that serves him well enough. I'm fine with it.

1 comment:

  1. Moving stinks--you finally get settled and then you have to start all over again. For us, WF was magic in the friend department even though we didn't really like the town.

    I don't have much to say about assignments--that whole process was horrible and I was just watching other people go through it. Worse than sorority rush.

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL