9.14.2009

Fat Lips

Moose gave himself a fat lip on Saturday. He was climbing the chair I was sitting in and fell. He busted his lip on the chair and then hit his head on the floor. About five minutes later, he did the same thing AGAIN.

So, he had the fat lip and a small bump on his right eyebrow. On Friday, the dumb cat from House of Boys clawed him. I hate that cat. Moose also scratched his nose a bit. He was in rough shape. He's healing quickly, though. His self-inflicted and cat scratches are nearly gone. The bump is completely gone. The fat lip is just a touch chubby.

I told him, "I keep telling you to stop growing. You won't listen. Do you see what happens when you grow up?" He just grunts at my maternal ramblings and crawls away or climbs something or gets into something.

Today, I packed away the wee baby toys - the soft storybooks, the rattles, the teethers, the octopus, the moose, the musical caterpillar. I also sorted his clothes, keeping out only 24 and 2T items and a few 18-month items that seem to run large. I got down another box of Bean's old stuff and found quite a few things for Moose. I'll wash them up fresh tomorrow. I love seeing the old clothes and remembering Bean wearing them. I don't love sorting up the old stuff into sell, give to my brother, toss because of too many stains, and keep piles.

Tomorrow, Moose and I will attack the boys' room and sort through toys. Every four months or so, the toy situation seems to get out of hand here. It's good timing or it, we'll have ample room for the Christmas spoils. We also also dropping 20 items off to the consignment shop tomorrow and ::hopefully:: picking up a fat check.

Oh, I also caulked around the fireplace to disguise some of the gaps. It's a subtle improvement, but it looks better. Have I posted before and after pictures of the fireplace? I can't remember. I'm thinking of painting our lampshades. I like the shape of them (we just bought them in June), but the color is a drab green, and I'd sort of like them a bright green. I love bright green - just bought some placemats that are bright green with a bit of rainbow-type yarn woven in them. Pretty.

Moose is getting quite steady at "standing" on his knees (see: his rear not resting on his calves, but rather holding his entire torso in the air). Walking is emanate, isn't it?

In other news, Moose made my "-" button disappear from my keyboard. I can't find it anywhere. I could have done without that.

Well, it's about time to get the kiddos ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL