9.29.2009

The Great Return

I haven't posted much recently, because I had a surprise on my hands. I'm terrible at keeping secrets and surprises, so it was best that I just avoided public proclamations until said surprise took place.

Moose and I got up to Chicago/Northwest Indiana this past weekend. We left Thursday morning and got back Monday afternoon. One of my oldest and dearest friends was having her baby shower - she's due November 11 with a little girl. She was quite surprised when I walked in - she looked and looked again and said, "What are you doing here?" I'm so glad I got to go.

Moose and I also made it to the apple orchard and did some shopping with my mom. We saw my cousins and my grandpa and my mom introduced me to Fish World on Facebook.

It was short trip. Hauling Moose, his carseat, and luggage around a few airports was not a lot of fun (I have bruises from straps), but it all worked out. Even our late start to the airport on Monday turned out flawlessly. Now, I have to wait till March before I return again. Which is just as well, I don't mind missing the cold up there!

Moose has a new trick. He shakes his head and mumbles, "Emm-Hmm." (Like "no.") Hilarious. He's not too keen on shaking his head the other way and replying yes to anything. While we were away, Moose really started to babble A LOT. His personality really shined through without Bean in the picture.

While I was gone, Bean had his first all-green week. He had a green day yesterday too. Bean had a great time with his dada while I was gone. Mrs. House of Toys picked him up from school Thursday and Friday, so Bean had a blast playing with two of his favorite boys. Mrs. House of Toys also got a taste of my husband's schedule ... like when he said he'd be there at 6 p.m. on Thursday and didn't get him till 8:30 p.m. STORY.OF.MY.LIFE.

Well, I have a lot of catching up to do today. My "to do" list is 2 pages long, and I just don't want to do any of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL