Moose was a nightmare from the get-go. The doctor thought he was going to hurt me. She didn't even bother with the full exam, because she didn't want to upset him further. "Bring him back in a week or two," she suggested. Thankfully, she was as thorough and understanding as can be. She is putting in for his speech referral but said the 3+ crowd was getting denied UNLESS their were some behavior issues accompanying it. (Judging by his psychotic behavior this appointment, there MIGHT be a bit of that ... but she said she knows he's not usually like this, so she doesn't want to jump to any conclusions). Still, if a mild behavior or occupational problem will give us the magic ticket to paid, private speech therapy, then I'll take it.
Moose has been really off these last two weeks. He was crazy at the dentist, at the allergist, and now at the doctor. He's been so irritable in the mornings and has been getting up more than usual at night (not every night, but once or twice a week).
My guesses as to what the heck is wrong with him:
- He's upset about potty-training. He's bladder-trained, but the bowel movement thing is NOT catching on.
- The heat makes him cranky. We're under heat advisory most days, so he doesn't get outside as much as he'd like.
- He's tired of me being pregnant and sick and miserable. Me too, kiddo, me too.
He's pretty in-tune with me, so perhaps my irritability is rubbing off on him. I'll try and get my attitude turned around and hope that helps him too.
I got all of meds on base today (after an absurd experience at CVS where they wanted like $70 for all of them), so he's started on a regular round of allergy meds. Due to the cough and sneezing, he's taking everything for now - three of the five are just "as needed," so it's not as bad as I thought.
I'm working on allergy-proofing the boys' bedroom. I bought mattress bags and pillow bags and a product called Eradicator. I've taken most things out of their room, sprayed the mattresses and pillows, vacuumed the floor, dusted the bed frames, and am drying the bedding. I want to see how the new mattress and pillow bags hold up before investing for them with our bed (which will cost more as we have a queen and a box spring and SEVERAL pillows that all need bagged).
Ideally, I still need to dust all the other surfaces and get a wet mop for the floor. I want one that you just spray water on and wipe, not one that has a chemical component or disposal wipes. I'm thinking of the AchooAllergy Microfiber Floor Mop, but I think I can find something comparable at Bed Bath & Beyond. I've considered a Shark Steam Mop in the past, but I'm lazy and don't want something I have to plug in or charge - it seems like unnecessary labor and expense. A more old-school mop seems much less complicated.
I met with our doula today ... finally! I think it's a good match and will be a good thing. We were on the same page about so much and she's attended so many births (since the 1970s) that she's seen moms do it every which way and seems very comfortable with drug-free births, choosing to use pain medication, or going through with a c-section (should all other options be exhausted). She seems very much to be focused on the birthing mom having control over how she wants things done - doesn't mean it'll always work out that way, but she wants them to know they did everything they could do and make their own choices instead of a nurse or doctor making them for you. She's also very familiar with the hospital that I plan on delivery at - what the can and cannot do and what they will and will not allow. So, that's good. Also, if Jonathan is up in the air, it'll be good to have SOMEONE there with me ... as none of my local friends are particularly interested in laboring with me (they'll watch the kids, but they don't want to see the show). My only complaint: She used the word "squat" a lot. I hate that word.
Bean is at summer camp at "the fancy school" this week and having lots of fun. They do arts and crafts and music and P.E. and some other stuff here and there. He goes again next week. It's been a nice way to break up the summer. On Mondays and Wednesdays, I'm free of both boys for a few hours - that's a nice break.
How could I forgot? I locked my keys in my car. No crap, I unlocked it, tossed my purse and keys in, shut the door and went to open Moose's door and it was locked. My car will lock automatically if a door isn't opened after unlocking with the FOB. But a door was opened! I think it was just perfect (or, quite IMPERFECT) timing. I must have opened the door just as it locked itself. Moose proceeded to act like a crazy person and crap his pants. Here I was with this reeking psycho, pregnant, in 100-degree heat, with no phone, and way too far away from my house (not that I could get in anyway) or from a friend's. Thankfully, a restaurant employee let me use his phone (since Husband's cell is long distance) and my husband answered and was just 10 minutes away. Oh my goodness, that could have been SO much worse!
Oh, the Husband test drove a Toyota Sienna yesterday. I think he was pleased with how "not his mom's mini van" it was. It was nice, but I still prefer the Odyssey ... now, if they would just stock some so Husband could test drive one of those. Overall, the Odyssey just seems to be of superior quality and design. Since our plan is to hang on to it for 10+ years that is far more important than saving a few bucks up front.
Something tells me my attitude would perk up a lot if an Odyssey suddenly parked itself in my garage!
No comments:
Post a Comment