The kids and I went to Indiana for two weeks to visit family and friends. It was a great trip. I was exhausted by the end. I needed to return to my house just to rest!
The trip up went very smoothly. The trip back was not as great, but it's over.
Thank goodness.
We arrived home Sunday around 5:30 p.m. The very next morning, I had an 8:30 doctor's appointment. It was time for the gestational diabetes test. They didn't call me with results yesterday, so let's just assume I passed. They also did a 4D ultrasound. Oh my goodness. She is adorable. She looks a lot like Moose - HUGE, saggy cheeks and a small chin. Her face absolutely looks like that of a fully-term baby. Her legs are skinny for now, though. I was 26w4d and she was measuring a full 28w and weighing in at 2 lbs. 9 oz.
I couldn't eat or drink after midnight, so I had to skip my meds yesterday morning ... so I puked.
Still.
At 26w4d.
Not fair.
And I am huge. The heaviest I have ever been. My legs and feet and knees and ankles are not pleased with this. People look at me saying, "You poor thing? How long do you have?" I tell them September. They are astounded. I again asked the ultrasound tech, "Are you SURE there isn't another one in there somewhere?" She assures me there is no way another baby is in there.
I am just huge.
Husband has been working hard around the house. While I was gone, he retiled the guest bathroom, installed a few more new lights, built part of a fence around the garden, and resolved some electric issues (via an electrician). He wallpapered the guest bathroom last night - the walls in there were so torn up that we decided the entire walls needed textured paper to cover up imperfections. I think it was a good choice. It looks like a million bucks in there now.
Obviously, there are pictures to upload. I know!
A speaker on my phone went out, so I can only use the speaker phone option. I am fretting over which new phone to get and if I should jump on board with a data plan (leaning towards no). There is also the "new car" fun that is way more intimidating and a huge list of house stuff to wrap up before our July 4th guests arrive and certainly before Baby Girl arrives.
I am also in the midst of planning out Bean's school year next year (we are homeschooling, unless the magnet school calls VERY SOON to say, "Oh, we have a spot!" which is totally unlikely).
And I am huge (did I mention that?).
6.14.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment