6.16.2011

Smart Phones and More

I am really on the fence about getting a smart phone. The idea of taking a picture and INSTANTLY posting here or on Facebook is very appealing. HOWEVER, it's not necessary. It's not. I have a digital camera that I like. Yes, it's an extra step to get it uploaded, but that might be a good thing (looking at you, Anthony Wiener).

My friend mentioned that having a newborn, a smart phone would be nice. I can nurse and peruse the internet. I had a laptop with the other two babies ... so I don't have that flexibility anymore. But I did the math, and I'd spend more in a year on having a phone with internet access than I would if I just bought an iPad. Honestly, I'd probably rather have the larger screen and the lower monthly cell phone bill.

All this said, I am still operating with a phone that only works on speaker phone. I'm not making a lot (or ANY) calls.

Last night, I hosted the writing group. It was the perfect motivation to straighten up some things. In the course of three days, the boys and I managed to complete disrupt all the cleaning Husband did while we were gone. I have no idea how. Seriously, it was BAD. So, knowing people were coming over, I slowly but surely cleaned the kitchen (minus the dirty dishes), cleaned the pretty new bathroom (still need to trade out some of the BRIGHT GREEN accessories for brown or light aqua ones - but still a success), and straightened up the piano/book/dining room (where we were writing). My reflux attacked in full-force (probably aided by an overindulgence in BBQ chicken cheese ball and Triscuits).

The success, however, motivated me to make the office usable. I wanted to paint BEFORE making it functional, but I've accepted that it's just not in the cards. We need this space to be functional NOW. We don't need to paint NOW.

I am typing away in the office as we speak (previously, my computer was in the piano/book/dining room). The husband's salvaged recliner is also in here. The plan is to set Husband up on my craft table, since he has a laptop and can easily be moved around (if needed). I haven't been crafting lately, so he's probably safe working there for a while. We'll see. It is taking me forever, though, and I am so tired right now.

Oh, I also started potty training Moose today! He had a few accidents. He'd go and stop himself and run to the bathroom and finish up. He had one incident (while I was in the shower) where he full-out peed himself and was VERY upset. Then he self-initiated three other trips before nap time. At nap time, I tried to talk him into a pull-up. He threw the thing and said, "No diaper!" I waited till he fell asleep and switched out his underwear. Thankfully, he hadn't peed or pooped himself in the meantime. So, so far, so good.

Let me tell you, I love having laminate wood flooring through my entire house. I may roll up our one rug for a few days while we wrap up this potty-training business.

1 comment:

  1. I have the Droid X and I really like it. I use my phone for work though, so I have my work email connected to it and its nice to get emails wherever I am, instead of having to be hooked up to a computer all the time. However, sometimes I miss the silence and be "unconnected" from the world. There are times I turn it off or on silent so I am not bothered by it and feel that I need to check my phone all the time. It is expensive too. We have the family share plan and then I have to have a $30 plan for my internet, etc. But I can also write off my bill on taxes since I use it for work.

    Goodluck with the potty training! Sounds like its going well!! I find that I can take B potty before he lays down for a nap and then he is usually good to go without an accident. Or put a folded towel underneath him while he sleeps, just in case.

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL