I am totally done painting the living room (Winter's Day - a gray) and entry way (Somber Sky or something like that - it's a warm medium blue)! Wahoo! I guess I'm also done with the boys' room and the master bedroom too.
I am repainting the kitchen and laundry room. I found a beautiful color combination - very resellable (when the time comes) and the Apple honestly just looks garish when paired with the others. So, Apple will be replaced with Pale Oak Grove (a very light green). Not to worry, I think Apple will make its way into my office or the baby's room.
The family room and hallways are going to be Husband's choice of Almond Paste. Ugh. You know how I feel about beige/off-white, but it is a good connecting color ... and I won't need to repaint come sales time.
Like I said, a very resellable color scheme and also very soothing. I think it's the right choice on all accounts.
I ordered a new washer and dryer. We were originally going to buy used, but I just had this uneasy feeling that we'd give someone $400, get the appliances home and they wouldn't work and/or would leak out onto the new flooring. I got a phenomenal deal on them. They were already 10-percent off at Lowes (with free delivery and installation) and my military discount gave me another 10-percent off! The guy working in the appliance department was awesome. I did a lot of review and price research - saved about $200 going through Lowe's instead of Sears or Best Buy. So, hopefully those bad boys (or are appliances girls) will be in on Friday :)
Husband has the backsplash tile in. We are waiting on an electrician to come resolve some wiring issues, and then he can finish up the kitchen completely. Oh, we still need new hardware (as much as love polished brass) ...
All of the smaller not-needed-every-day items are moved over there. We have a moving truck for Saturday and some help, so all the big stuff should be moved over Saturday ... along with the everyday-everyday stuff. Then we'll give the rental a good cleaning and change out the locks (we changed them when we moved in) and be done here :) We should also do another pass with the mower, but then we're really done :)
Poor Moose is down for the count with viral croup AGAIN. He started coughing Friday and by Sunday coughed so badly that he puked, so Husband took him the ER. They did a chest x-ray and gave him a shot of steroids. He had Husband up at 3:30 this morning. A friend suggested I get him referred out to an allergist - her son had similar ongoing croup issues. We're supposed to treat his fever (which comes and goes) and have him rest. Let me tell you, getting a hacking 2-year-old boy to rest is SO easy! Nope, not at all. He has an appointment with the base doctor or Thursday.
I need to note that for this 5th birthday, Bean was 50 pounds and 4'1.5". He did well on his magnet school testing (97th percentile) but not good enough for one of there 31 spots. Why his current school is allowed to burst at the seams but this tax-funded public school can limit its spots is beyond me. He's wait-listed, but I'm not holding my breath.
I am still nauseous. Twice I've tried to stop taking my medicine (to "see" if I'm finally over it), and twice I've puked and dry-heaved 24 hours into it. So, the 18th week was not magical this time around. On the plus side, I seem to function like a normal pregnant lady even under the influence of medicine that would knock out a horse. About 39 hours till THE BIG REVEAL ultrasound ... not that I'm counting.
4.18.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay!!! I can't wait to find out what the little one is! We will also need an updated belly pic too. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd poor Moose!! We took P to an allergist last Spring and it was the best thing. Goodluck and I hope he gets feeling better!