4.03.2011

Crunch Time

Things that ARE done:

  • Wall built
  • Flooring installed
  • Baseboard installed in closets
  • Kitchen painted
  • Laundry room painted
  • Boys' Room Painted
  • Backyard fenced
  • Countertops installed
  • Trees and stumps removed



Ongoing Fun:

  • Furnace not working (part ordered)
  • Sink leaking/dishwasher not hooked up to disposal/toilet running (calling plumber Monday)

Materials Purchased (that are just sitting around looking pretty):

  • Tile for laundry room (in progress)
  • Baseboard for all the rooms*
  • Paint for the master bedroom (in progress)
Blue Silk

  • Back splash tile (decided upon quickly and purchased today)**
  • Paint samples for living room (awaiting final verdict):
Secret Passage

Woodlawn Sterling Blue
Strangely, these colors look EXACTLY the same on my monitor. In real life, the "blue" is a bit lighter than the Secret Passage (which is a gray, not a blue). We both like the Secret Passage but are worried it's a little too dark.

*When Husband went in to buy the baseboard (and we needed a houseful of it) at Lumber Liquidators he said, "Yeah, I really don't want to pay $1.39 a foot." The guy said, "How about 99 cents?" He quickly agreed to that.

**We'll use this as the accent tile (two or three rows) and are pairing with a classic white subway tile. We made this decision in like 15 minutes - we weren't even in a rush.

We also have an entire household to move. I don't see the sense in packing everything up for a two-minute drive. It seems like it'll make more sense to do a bunch of little trips and just put the crap away (as far as cupboards and closets go) as we go (also, I can carry things myself this way - I can't do heavy boxes). Also, I think I have a sick wish to break all my everyday dishes so I can new ones guilt-free.

1 comment:

  1. You guys are really moving along!!! I hope you post pics when its all done. I can't wait to see it!!

    Oh, and when you're in town next, care to teach/help me do a backsplash in our kitchen?? :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL