Both boys are on Spring Break this week, so that means the three of us are home together ALL THE TIME.
It's been less than fun most the time.
I'm sure it wouldn't be SO bad, if I was feeling good ... but I'm not. I'm not puking, but I'm still nauseous and having bad headaches to top it off. All in all, it's pretty damn miserable for everyone involved.
Moose woke up this morning SOAKED in urine. I kid you not, he was literally dripping in pee from his neck to his socks. I hate waking up to that (and I'm sure he does too). I feel queasy enough in the morning, top it off with an ammonia odor, and I just want to quit the day before it starts.
I kicked the boys outside to play, and they played SO NICELY outside for more than hour. Thank goodness. I took some time for myself and did a little housework (see: laundry for peed on bedding and clothing) and the whole world seemed to be a better place.
We went to Walgreens for their Friends and Family Sale. I stocked up on diapers, wipes, and allergy medicine ... and a little candy. I won't say they were flawlessly behaved, but we survived. I made a return to Hobby Lobby (not for crafting, but for home repair), and we went to McDonald's for lunch.
Husband is home now and took them to the park and duck pond. Yeah!
I am trying to get the house presentable, because the "For Rent" sign goes in the yard tomorrow, which means people might want to walk through it very soon. Ugh. So not ready for that. I don't plan on making the place perfect (like I would if it was MY property), but I don't want to be embarrassed by the state of my house (which I sort of am right now).
The "new" house fun continues ... this week a $600 repair for the air conditioner/furnace! Yeah! I just love spending money on things like this instead of on pretty things. Fingers crossed that the new part and a tune-up fix the problem. Oh, please, please.
I'm planning on a full day of painting tomorrow. A friend is coming over to play with the boys - thank goodness! I'm hoping to get the boys' room done (colors: Sterling and Sky Dive) and the laundry room (color: Apple, same as the kitchen) and do touch ups on the kitchen. If that's all the painting that gets done before we move in, then so be it. Maybe a good wipe down of all the other walls would be a good thing to do tomorrow too.
3.31.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment