3.24.2011

Names

I am dedicated to not obsessing about this baby's name. I'll put more energy into it once we know what it is. After two pregnancies, I know that my husband is useless when naming a being. He offers no suggestions but is ample with rejection.

That said, I just thought this was sort of funny.

I again brought up the name Blake, which I have loved for years. My husband rejects it AGAIN. I bring up Evan. Nope, he doesn't like it. There was one name, that I've since forgotten, that made my husband say, "I want to punch the kid in the face. That's how bad the name is." It was probably something like Grant or Lane - nothing very outrageous.

Yesterday I said, "What about Sullivan? We can call him Sully." His face totally perked up, as if to say, "That's a name I could get behind!" Then I suggested Moby (while flipping through a People magazine), and he didn't flat out reject it.

He's since decided no to both Sullivan and Moby, but I can't understand how Sully and Moby can be "up for consideration" for any length of time while Blake, Evan, and Grant are immediate NOs.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Mine is the same. I like Sullivan and have thought about it. Haven't mentioned it to hubby b/c I';m sure he would veto it.

    Names are hard in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL