First, we built a wall.
Now, we are getting new floors installed.
I thought I had a kitchen paint color picked out, but Husband doesn't like it. It's called "Apple" for goodness sake - what's not to like? When I told him I just couldn't stomach painting something "Almond Paste," he said, "Who cares what the name is? No one is going to know the name of the color!" While he might have a point, I much prefer to be prepared for a conversation like this:
Friend: "Oh, I love that color!"
Me: "Thanks. It's called Apple."
I can't imagine responding with "Almond Paste." Yuck.
Husband took the fridge out for the floor installers. Now he says we should replace the fridge AND the double ovens. I want white ... and so does he. So that means all the appliances need replaced now.
We also decided we can't stand the counter tops for a moment longer. So those need to go too. Now, of course. Then soon after there will be a back splash to decide on.
I can't imagine building a new house when you have to decide to on floors, colors, finishes, materials all at once for an entire house. So. Many. Decisions. Don't get me wrong, I certainly don't feel sorry for anyone who is building a NEW CUSTOM HOME, but I do have sympathy for all the decision making.
I also said OK to the sale of middle-of-the-yard hot tub. It's not sold yet, but our floor installer is interested.
We had the stumps/trees taken out of the yard.
So now it's time to get a fence.
And a shed for the slab (not the hot tub slab, there is another slab OFF TO THE SIDE OF THE YARD).
I'm glad we are living in this house while those things take place at the new house.
Oh, and the base board was taken out of the house, because we were assured that what appeared to be "water damage" on some swollen boards was indeed animal piss. The installers said something to the effect of: "I think they let the animals roam the house and kept their bedrooms door shut."
3.15.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It could be worse. You could be married to someone like my mom (love you Mom!), who can't make a decorating decision to save her life. She's wanted to redo the kitchen since we were at Butler. She's wanted to take down the hallway wallpaper (awful 70s stuff with red pineapples) since I was in high school. The last decorating decision she made was back in 2000, when she got new (beige) carpet for the family room. The decision to go with that particular SHADE of beige, came after (I kid you not) FIVE YEARS of deliberation. And two years before that spent picking out the couch, because "We can't get new carpet before we get the new couch, what if it clashes?" Mom, it's beige. It's not going to clash with anything!!
ReplyDeleteHmmm...that's a nice little rant I went on there. My point is: Yay for decision-making!!! :)
wow!! Goodluck mama!! That is alot of decisions. I can't wait to see the before and after pictures!
ReplyDeleteWhere does the chichken coop go???
ReplyDeleteAunt Rose