It should come as no surprise that I'm painting the kitchen Apple.
The ONLY color that's been decided upon.
I also bought tiles for the laundry room. They are a pretty brown finish that reminds me of cinnamon - there are even little ::very subtle:: speckles in them that remind me of sugar.
We looked at granite counter tops. Ultimately, it seemed silly to put $2,000+ of stone of old cabinets (and we're not up for replacing those), so we once again bought pre-fabricated laminate from Home Depot. It's lighter than I really wanted, but I actually think the black appliances work better in a "whiter" kitchen (white cabinets and a white/beige/gray counter top). So, we just need new double ovens ... now to track down 27" double ovens (possibly the reason these suckers haven't been replaced). Yeah to a few less decisions!
I bought a good respiratory mask, so I can paint. It works wonders. The difference between standing in the room with the mask and without was DRASTIC. (Don't worry, I didn't say in the room un-masked for long - just grabbed my purse and materials I needed to take home.) So, I'm positive it's working.
We'll dress up the counter tops with a nice back splash - that's what we did at our old house (pre-fabs and FABULOUS back splash), and we were really happy with it.
BIRTHDAY PARTY UPDATE: I have RSVPs from five children and my two. Hopefully a few more will just show up. We'll find out tomorrow. I still need to make cup cakes and get balloons. I'm also making the cupcake toppers, because there's not a whole lot of Batman stuff out there.
BABY UPDATE: My next appointment in on Wednesday. I'll be 15 weeks then. I'm officially in the second trimester and still feeling nauseous and actually puked yesterday (for the first time in weeks). I'm still taking medicine. I already feel like my belly is huge ... how much bigger can it possibly get? No weight gain, though (just gained back what I lost). I've felt a few kicks. The baby, sources say, is a bit larger than a fist now. It was "thumb-sized" just a few weeks ago. Crazy.
3.18.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No belly pic??? Come on, I know you have lots of time on your hands between puking and painting to take one measly picture!!! :)
ReplyDelete(I'm going to keep bugging you until you comply, just FYI)