2.22.2011

Strength

My mother-in-law left this morning after 10 days of wrangling children and helping run things. Thankfully, I'm stronger now than when she arrived. With a steady diet of mashed potatoes and mini doughtnuts, my fingers are crossed that the worse is over.

I went to the ER on Thursday for dehydration. The added Benadryl to my anti-nausea meds under the assumption that a sedative will help the anti-nausea meds work better ... and Benadryl is the closest thing to a sedative that they can safely give a woman in her first trimester. It seems to be doing the trick. I've thrown once in the last five days.

I think it also helped that I got SO much rest while my mother-in-law was here. We are so thankful she was able to come out for a while and help out. I know it really took a lot off Husband's plate ... and she knows how to make mashed potatoes! Bean was confused after school, "So, where's Grandma?"

I'm spending more time out of my bed. I picked Bean up from school without it putting me out for the rest of the day. We even played outside for about 40 minutes after school (OK, I sat and blew bubbles, but the kids did stuff and had someone actually watching them).

Poor Moose made his own trip to the ER. He has croup - his first round of it in Louisiana. His temp was 104.6 when he got to the ER. A steady diet of Tylenol and Motrin, breathing treatments, and the humidifier seem to be curing him. He has a terrible cough, but I think the worst of it is over. He's actually curled up on the couch right now - fast asleep in front of Blue's Clues.

We close on our house on Monday. Our flooring is ordered and installers are scheduled. It's a beautiful, high-quality wood laminate. Just the right shade of brown, just the right amount of "grain." It's single planks for laminate, so it really does look like wood ... minus the maintenance and plus the durability for kids and animals. Also, we're doing the WHOLE house. No carpet. It's like a dream come true.

We are working on paint colors. I think I do OK picking a paint color at a time, but I have a hard time picking LOTS. I told Husband to chose everything for the main areas of the house and our bedroom, and I'll just approve them.

I think I want to paint the laundry room something BRIGHT. There is also a color called Pea Pod that I think seems darling for a nursery ... but if it's a boy, it's probably not getting a nursery. It'll stay with us when it's tiny and then get tossed into the boy room. And I just know it's a boy.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are still alive!! Hey, mashed potatoes and donuts are a healthy diet. :) My kids could live off donuts if I let them.

    My boys are sick too. Bennett has thrown up 3 times due to coughing. And now they have passed on whatever cough they have to me. Awesome!

    Hope the worst is over for you and things start to get better! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL