I went to the ER last night, because my doctor said I could. I wasn't feeling the worst I've felt. I did throw up everything yesterday, but I didn't throw up the day before ... so that's a pretty good 48-hour stretch for me. My mother-in-law gets here Saturday, though, and I just wanted a boost to get me to Saturday.
I was clearly super-low priority as four people who arrived after me got a bed before me, but once I had a FEMALE nurse and a FEMALE doctor ... I was treated very well. No one blinked an eye at my complaints, everyone said that Zofran was NOT a magic pill (but still the best thing available), and the doctor immediately diagnosed me with hyperemesis gravidarum ... which is clearly what I had with 2.0 but no one would use that word and everyone (doctor, insurance, pharmacy) made me jump through hoops to get the damn Zofran. Anyway, they gave me IV Zofran (which Nurse and Doc both said works better than the pill-form) and hydrated me (Nurse and Doc both said I was dehydrated ... another thing no one would say aloud with 2.0). All my levels were normal, Doc said I should split my pills and take them every four hours, and I don't ::have:: to eat anything, but always be drinking something with some sugar in it.
I don't feel drastically better. I feel a little more stable - like I'm not going to fall over at any moment. I feel relieved that people BELIEVE me and I'm not being treated like I'm exaggerating how terrible this is (how I felt with 2.0). So, that's good.
I fixed two clogged sinks yesterday (before the ER), but now our heater is apparently out ... on what is supposed to be one of the coldest nights in Shreveport. Seriously?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Goodness girl! I hope you are feeling a little bit better at least. I'm glad your MIL is coming to help. Maybe you can rest then and just get some fluids in you. Sprite or 7up helped calm my tummy a bit. I'm not a pop drinker, but the fizz worked.
ReplyDeleteFeel better!!