2.07.2011

In Which I Will Eventually Get Over ... Maybe

I saw pictures of MY old house on Facebook. The new owners are friends with many of my old friends, and I want my old house back, and I want my friends back. The house looks so nice - and we're starting from scratch again here. Floors to redo, a master bathroom that needs a flipping wall (because our marriage will not survive a vanity IN the bedroom - worst idea ever, builders), a kitchen no where near as cute as my old kitchen.

In Texas, I had friends that wouldn't blink an eye at picking up my kids from school or keeping them for an evening or even coming over and straightening up the house for me ... when I'm sick, like this, for weeks on end (they'd still take care of my kids, but I think only sickness could make them clean). Instead, I'm once again stuck in a place with no support system and this time with TWO kids that need taken here and there and a husband in formal training who can't take a single day off and has to work and study and everything gets piled on him.

We really know how to time things.

I hate Texas, as a place, but I miss a "done" house (which granted, didn't get "done" till we got word that we were moving) and I really miss good, solid friends. My friends here work, have older kids, don't have kids - very different dynamics - and I just don't know any of them as well, and they don't know me as well.

I don't know why things have to feel harder than they should.

So, let's remind myself ... the house's master bedroom WAS SO COLD ALL WINTER LONG. It didn't get enough heat! Ever! The bathrooms were also FREEZING. The sun room was a worthless space that leaked water every time it rained. The backyard was not great for being inside and watching kiddos outside. Speaking of yard, it took forever to mow and edge, and I don't miss that monstrosity - even with the riding mower. The fireplace - even once it was pretty - was still huge and ugly. The heater was old. Speaking of heat, the electric bill reached almost $400 every single December! Right, aren't we happy to be done with that house? With Texas' ridiculous utility bills and property taxes.

I wish I could complain about my friends the same way, but I guess they're not as easy to get over.

1 comment:

  1. are these hormones talking? :) Hang in there Mama! I'm sure you will find those solid friends in time and the house will get done. It doesn't have to be all right now. Just take it day by day and concentrate on cooking that baby and loving on the older two. It'll get better!

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL