1.22.2011

Puke & Tile

I have not puked yet. I feel queasy A LOT. It's like when you read in the car and it doesn't agree with you? It's like that the majority of the day. I am resting a lot, following my cravings, and eating every couple hours. So far, I haven't thrown up. So far, I've been able to eat. So far, I'm still functioning (not at 100-percent, but I am functioning).

All three boys have been super. Husband is working a lot now, but he takes over once he gets home - gets the boys to bed, feeds them dinner. He also did some laundry this morning. Bean is doing a nice job entertaining himself and keeping an eye on Moose. Even Moose, who is stubborn, has been behaving a bit better (usually). He took a great nap yesterday, which I desperately needed him to do. No fussing about it even.

I ordered some Sea-Bands, hoping they will take the edge off. I've never tried them before, but the all-flipping-day sickness seems mild enough that they might help. If I ever get the gumption to leave the house, I might also try some ginger candy or gum. I rotate between water and ginger ale. So far, all my "tricks" seems to be keeping my afloat. I still feel crappy, but it's nothing compared to my morning sickness with Moose ... yet.

Today is our housing inspection, so Husband is there checking things out with the inspector. I hope it all comes back fine, because the sellers have already said they're not fixing anything ... so our recourse is, I guess, to ask and they repeat the big N-O, suck it up and fix it ourselves, or not buy the home.

There are black granite counter tops in the kitchen, complete with slabs of black granite for the backsplash. I like the counter tops, but I think all the black makes it look a little cave-like (it's a galley kitchen and far from huge, but I've actually learned that I prefer a galley-style kitchen - enough room for ME, everyone else OUT!). Anyway, I'm hoping we can pop off the current backsplash and replace it with this:
I just think they're beautiful - the white keeps them clean and modern, but the lantern-shape is whimsy and a little vintage. I think they'd really lighten up the kitchen and feminize it. As I mentioned, there's a lot of black in there now (black appliances too except for the OLD double ovens) and dark cabinets. We'll likely paint the cabinets (but, oh, what a chore ... we're in no rush) and the gray stone-linoleum is out and being replaced with the wood laminate. It's also beige and navy in there now (with a BEAUTIFUL coffee-themed wallpaper border ... eww) ... all to be replaced, I think, with a rich light green ("Weeping Willow").

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain! I pretty much felt the same way, it even made me more queasy if I turned my head too fast or rode in the passenger seat of a vehicle. Thankfully, the worst was between 6 and 7 1/2 weeks, it started to get better after that. Now I am just to the point where certain foods just don't sound good (i.e. almost everything I usually eat!).

    At night I drank organic pregnancy tea. It was great! The hot water seemed to soothe my throat and tummy and it has some ginger in it as well. You might look into that. I think I have Yogi or Traditional Medicinal brand.

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL