I felt like crap all weekend. I felt like crap this morning. Amazingly, around 11:30, I stuck my Psi Bands on, and I guess I hit the magic spot. Suddenly, I feel the best I've felt in a week or so. I hesitate to say "amazing," but I did toy with the idea of taking the boys bowling ALONE this afternoon. I've decided against it, but I actually thought it without heaving. I did throw up this morning - in the shower - where I was eventually on my hands and knees puking my guts out. So, umm, there was that. It reminded me that queasy is actually remarkably better than puking AND queasy.
Psi Bands, the specific brand, were desired by moms to combat morning sickness. I didn't try them in the past (probably too broke the first time and basically so sick the second time that I was under no belief they would work). I got the "color play" color. I'm not sure if they're too thank for the wonder that's happened, but I'm afraid to take them off.
A friend posted a link to this blog post about DIY household and hygiene cleaners. Personally, my homemade laundry soap is a success but my homemade dishwasher detergent WAS A DISASTER. It doesn't help that our dishwasher is pretty sucky to begin with. I may try the lip balm recipe (we use plenty of lip balm in this house).
Oh, also we got another look at the house Saturday. I stopped by during the inspection. The cabinets are white! Oops. The hardware is a beautiful gold/brass ... and, wow, it's shiny! I've started referred to the place as "the Guido house," because it has all these pimp features - the bling hardware, the hot tub in the middle of the yard, a STEAMER IN THE TINY, TINY BATHROOM (seriously? Run hot water for 2 minutes, you'll steam the thing up). Seriously, it's an atrocious bachelor pad - noted also by the holes in the wall for stupid surround sound and every flipping light fixture is either super-super ugly or "you can tell some guy thought this was awesome."
The black granite back splash looks pretty well installed ... unfortunately. I guess I'll leave that alone for a while.
Nothing major came up - mainly a lot of unmaintained things and stuff you come to expect when "previous homeowners" are involved. The a/c and heater are about 12 years old and were installed at the same time - the home inspector says that's a good thing. There are, however, some random vents with nothing attached to them and one of the intakes has no where for an air filter. Weird.
One step closer. Sort of glad we have 8 weeks to move, it'll probably take us that long.
1.24.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment