1.19.2011

Doc Appt Scheduled

My pregnancies were pretty different with the boys. The circumstances, granted, were different too. With Bean, I was nauseated most days, but I usually just threw up in the morning and was able to function. I popped out around 20 weeks and that was that. He came on his due date (without being induced).

With Moose, I hit 6 weeks and started puking my guts out. Before I started to gain weight (in my forth month, I think), I lost 15 pounds ... nine of those pounds in ONE month. I was back to my high school weight, but I looked anemic, sickly, and dehydrated (and felt all three too). I could barely sit up, I could barely function. I basically sat in my bedroom till Week 18 and puked my guts out. The last time I puked, I left a doctor's appointment, pulled over on the side of the road, threw up, and that was it. It vanished as quickly as it started. During the time, I believe I went to the emergency room twice, because I seriously thought my body was shutting down from all the puking and not-eating. Moose, of course, was growing just fine, though, and came exactly two weeks before his due date.

With both boys, I had heart burn/reflux the last half of the pregnancy (both were born with a head full of hair).

Tomorrow marks Week 6. I feel a little queasy today, but I'm still eating. The only thing that calms my stomach in the morning is Chick-n-Minis from Chick-Fil-A. I wish I was kidding, but it's like I NEED them to function. So, if someone would like to support my $3.03 a day habit during my pregnancy, I'd appreciate it. They are essentially real meat chicken nuggets placed in a delicious, warm, soft, buttered bun ... miniature style (there are four of them). God, I love them. Basically, that's $725 to take me to the end.

I called the doctor's office to see if they had my referral ... they did not but scheduled my appointment anyway! Next week. In one week, I will hopefully hear a heartbeat and have fears/excitement about multiples subsided (or confirmed).

I had some annoying acid reflux last week, but it's stopped. I think I'm building an aversion to pizza (yes, of all things - there is a slice of Pizza Hut Pan Pizza with green peppers and mushrooms in the fridge that I do NOT want to eat AT ALL) and the smell of soy sauce. Oddly, I walked down the coffee aisle at the grocery store and LOVED the smell (and I hate coffee).

Oh, with Bean, I did not want Chinese food OR scrambled eggs. I couldn't even think about them. With Moose, I didn't want to eat anything, but I didn't really develop any aversions. I wanted RED MEAT with Bean (and prior to that pregnancy, I rarely ever ate red meat). I don't recall any crazy obsessions with Moose (the usual - ice cream and mashed potatoes, but that's pretty much every day of my life pregnant or not).

I'm tired all the time, I feel really heavy/bloated in my mid-section, my boobs feel like they weigh 10 pounds a piece. In good news, no puking (yet), no reflux (for now), and still functioning as a normal human (a little tired and uncomfortable but pretty darn normal).

My friend Courtney had her first doctor's appointment - good heart beat, single baby - and another blogger friend is 12 weeks with TWINS! How exciting for both!

Website calculators say September 15 and "the wheel" says September 18. My money is on Labor Day, because my babies love to come on a holiday. Bean's birthday hits Easter every few years (so far, just once) and Moose, of course, is the 4th of July.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you got your appointment! I'm surprised they would schedule it so early in your pregnancy, but that's good for you. At least you don't have to wait.

    I am totally wishing you zero puking this pregnancy! And I have felt the same as you so far this pregnancy. Very bloated, I have already gone up a cup size in my boobs, and extremely tired! Maybe we are having girls?!?! :)

    Can't wait to hear about your appointment!

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL