1.15.2011

About that baby-counter on the side ...

I am five weeks pregnant.

There. I said it. Aloud. To the blogosphere.

It's still early, I know, but after two healthy pregnancies and healthy babies, I feel pretty OK sharing early on.

We found out on January 9, my grandma's birthday (the same day the Elantra hit 77,777 miles).

My referral for the OB is in, so hopefully I see the doctor soon ... and have an ultrasound shortly after that. We're not sure if we're finding out the sex - Husband wants to, I don't.

We were surprised. Not that surprised. We know where babies come from, but we've been lazily trying for two years with no luck ... and we'd just gotten used to the idea that it wasn't going to happen (especially when you add in my extended milk production and Husband's cancer fun). Especially over the last two months, we really accepted our family as is.

We are excited and happy and, well, a little intimidated. We'll be outnumbered. We'll be moving (thankfully, an in-town move). We need a new vehicle (all three kids won't fit in the back on the Elantra). We need dressers for the boys (their current furniture is baby stuff) and some baby stuff we don't have anymore (rear-facing car seat, swing). I know all that will get figured out. We are in the final stages of paperwork for the stinky house, so that'll be one big thing off our plate. Once the new floors and paint are done, then we can start worrying about the other items on the list.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you! :)

    We are in somewhat of the same boat with baby stuff. After Bennett, I gave away all my maternity clothes, swing (we were borrowing it anyways), sold the infant carseat, etc.

    I've thought too about not finding out the sex. But, if it's a girl (long shot, I know!) we are really unprepared. There is nothing girl in this house except my things. The surprise would be great, but I also want to know and waiting 9 months (or 8) seems like eternity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Mel!! I'm really happy for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! My daughter decided to not find out the sex of her last one. She said since it was her third, she wanted a surprize. It drove everyone nuts but her. The only downside was the prebaby gifts. Everything was yellow or green.
    Love and hugs,
    Aunt Rose

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL