11.02.2010

Life Decisions

Today is one of those days that makes me question a lot of life choices.

I was supposed to meet two people today. One didn't show up. I didn't show up for the other one.

The kittens, one of them, had a SOLID POO yesterday. I shouldn't be so thrilled and willing to share, but I am. Of course, last night, since it was raining, they opted not to walk the 12 inches in the rain to get to their litter box but rather use the two empty pots of potting soil I did not empty ... with their runny poo. So, no progress in that department yet.

Speaking of poo, the small one contributed his own runny poo this afternoon ... leaking out of his diaper.

The small one also offered a nice variety of screams, hits, kicks, and throws self on group episodes. At home, at Barnes & Noble, at Chick Fil A, in the car, etc. You name it, he's able to interpretative dance the troubles of a 2year old at any given place.

Today, I do not want more kids. I do not particularly even want the two kids I have. I offered them to a mom at Chick Fil A. She laughed and said, "Yes, boys are just SO DIFFERENT." Of course, she had a seemingly sane daughter who was about 4 years old and complete with a pair of ruby slippers.

The older one also was in tears multiple times this morning while we worked on his turkey, which is supposed to disguise itself so it's not eaten for Thanksgiving. He wanted to keep it white and make it a Storm Trooper ... so no coloring or gluing or any manipulation involved. I told him he needed to make it a turkey first and THEN disguise he. When it was all said and done, he has a beautiful turkey with a Storm Trooper mask on, and it is wonderful. But he tells me it is MY fault that his turkey will be discovered and eaten.

Next time he is just turning in the blank turkey and calling it a Storm Trooper. So not worth it.

So, by noon, the day was pretty much a disaster. I put them in their beds and pleaded with them to please take a good, long nap so I could recharge. Then I couldn't find my cell phone and was convinced it was still at Chick Fil A and piled them back into the car ... then found my phone in my car (which I did look in but obviously not well enough).

The small one is sleeping, the big one flipped and flopped, and I told him to come out and play and BE SILENT. So far, so good.

NaNo is going very well - so far. There are still 28 days to screw up, but I am closing in on my word count goal for today (hoping to do 2500 a day, so if I have to miss a day of writing here and there, I will still make my goal for the month) and discovering more and more about my characters and story.

Also, Caddo Parish, your school system is not exactly celebrated across the state or the nation, do you really think closing schools on election day is a wise idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL