11.04.2010

Housekeeping

I did some housekeeping on the blog. I figured out how to make the text darker (you're welcome, Aunt Rose) and added a background. There are so many irresistible backgrounds at Cutest Blog on the Blog - those of you with blogs should take a look for yourself!

I also updated the weight loss (or lack thereof) and my Tastefully Simple sales.

NaNoWriMo was going SO well. My word count is still respectable for five days in, but I'm sort of feeling stuck. My quantity has waned the last two days. I've written so much, so I feel compelled to follow what I have, but I see where things need to change, and it's driving my inner editor crazy not to go back and fix what's there to begin with. Good thing Friday nights are boring around here. Hopefully I can get on with it tonight.

The house hunt continues. A friend gave me a lead on a home her friend is looking to list very soon. On my drive-by, I was very interested - good location, nice walking distance to a playground and field, lots of trees, reasonably-sized lot that seems pretty private for a neighborhood. It's also associated with one of the better elementary schools in the parish, if we decide to stay with public schools.

I scheduled tours at the two private schools I like - one next week, one the week after. I'm remaining unimpressed with this school, and I'd like to see what the private schools are offering. No harm in looking.

Tutoring is going well. One girl was hiding Diary of a Wimpy Kid in her lap yesterday. I couldn't get too mad - it's a good book. She did get her work done well before the other two girls on two occasions, so I did let her read during that time - she was appreciative (I think) and was quick to hand it back when it was time to move on. Husband is eagerly awaiting my first pay check.

2 comments:

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL