My Tastefully Simple party wasn't a raging success. Between TWO big Louisiana football games, my neighbor being out of town, and an art festival downtown ... it was a busy weekend for people. Who wants to come eat delicious food at my house when there are all these exciting things going on? Four people DID so up, for which I am grateful. It was very nice to get to know these people better, and my husband and I certainly won't complain about all the delicious leftovers!
I'll host another one in December, me thinks, and check the date against big football games :) I was hoping for a better turnout, but it certainly could have been worse!
I had a fun flower arrangement at the party, which I then toted to church on Sunday. I should take a pictures. It's flowers in a pumpkin with some apples on sticks.
While Sunday started on a high note, after a gallon of tea being spilled and cleaned up AND a gallon of water being spilled and almost cleaned up AND a glass scattering and getting cleaned up with the rest of the water ... I was quite thankful that the day was done. That sucked. I should be happy that tea and water are not sticky and it was small glass and not a big glass. See? It can always be worse.
Bean, of course, is at school. I received his outstanding progress report on Friday, where he got "mastered" on everything and where he needed an 8+ in initial sound, he got a 26 and where he needed an 8+ in letter naming, he got a 41. He's a genius after all.
Moose also went to school today. Let me tell you, four hours is not long enough. I ran to Kohls to exchange a pair of Bean's too-short pants and gather some shirts for our family pictures (for the three boys, of course, Mama got nothing), then came home and did dishes and watched The View, then met two buddies for writing, then it was time to pick him up. I need five hours. OR I could get a job and just send him full-time, but then I wouldn't have time for things like shopping, The View, and writing. Oh, the dilemma.
I had this very vivid dream last night that we had another baby and it was delivered on the early side by c-section, and I was mortified. I did not want drugs, let alone a c-section, and I did not get to see the baby after it was born, but I had been all blacked out the entire time and had no idea how the delivery came to that point. The baby was healthy (and a boy) but much tinier than my other guys. I also had wicked PPD (which I did not have with either boy). I woke up exhausted. It's cool to have such vivid dreams sometimes, but it sure doesn't make for a restful night's sleep.
I am reading Confessions of a Shopaholic, and I'm really enjoying it. I thought it would be very light and chick-lit and almost embarrassing to read, but it's not. Sure, she loves nice things, but she's certainly dealing with the consequences of her actions (in this in this first book). It has a nice vocabulary going on (or, at least, anything taking place in Britain always sounds a bit smarter). I think I'll give the whole series a go. So nice not to be bogged down by textbooks.
Another round of speech, karate (where Bean just tested for his High White Belt - he's no longer the "new" kid), writing group, etc. I have no clue how parents balance several kids in several activities. They each have one lousy thing outside of "school," and I feel like we're jammed-packed.
We might go the art festival for an early supper and then check out some bunk beds a family is selling in the neighborhood across the street (nice quality, mattresses included). There is also a good-sized home in the most perfect location for us that just went on the market. It is very hard to resist. Right size, nice lot size (.3 acres), private backyard (for chickens!), even closer to the school, end of cul-de-sac, in our price range ...
10.04.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Weekends in Louisiana are rough--people are constantly trying to work around the bazillion different games that re going on. True Story: My engagement party occurred during a Saint's playoff game and I actually had to assure people that we would have the TV on. Otherwise, no one would have come!
ReplyDelete