10.11.2010

Gettin' Healthy & Shopping

Husband and I BOTH started on SparkPeople yesterday. It's a completely FREE site that is actually - I think, so far - MUCH better than Weight Watchers. It doesn't do points, but it does calories and has fun graphs and things and is amazing comprehensive and well organized (especially for a FREE site).

Husband is taking this very seriously. He is a night snacker and was completely horrified that some tortilla chips from Moe's ate up 750 of his calories yesterday :) He's surviving, though. We went to MacAlister's today and he asked for the nutritional menu, while I just ordered what I wanted and figured I'd deal with the consequences later. Turns out, the French Dip is actually a surprisingly healthy and protein-rich choice compared to many of their sandwiches. The Mac & Cheese I got on the side, however, pretty much a bust :) Oh well. I did stay within my range of everything.

I'll admit, it does add an element of fun to be pursing it with Husband. It's like a competition and it keeps us in check. Thank you, Husband :) I have our weight loss goals on thermometers to the side, they'll be updated every Friday (or so).

Over the next three months, we have two parties with Husband's squadron, at least one church shindig, and a wedding. I bought two dresses at JCPenney's today that I'm very proud of. One reminded me a little of a Mondo-Valerie mix from Project Runway and the other is super-comfy and still trendy-feeling (I think, but what do I know). Most importantly, I think I can wear my boots with both of them. I also got an amazing deal on the two dresses, both for less than $60. Also, those boots are adorable but PAINFUL. I went to DSW and got some inserts for them (with a free $10 gift) - hope they do the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL