10.17.2010

Kids First, Right?

KIDS

On Friday, Bean stayed home from school. He yacked for a good chunk of the day but was "all's well" Saturday morning. Moose also puked in the evening (but just once). After spending the day cooped up in the house (I was under the weather as well - so Husband got to wait on everyone and get puked on), I took the boys to the park Saturday for lunch while Husband volunteered at our church "clean up" day - a nice break from (a) the house and (b) puke.

Moose shot right up this slide, which is pretty tall for a shorty like him:

Oh, the static-electric hair and that smile. Doesn't he just melt you?

Bean wanted to try out the "see saw," which was pretty darn lousy. It just bounces a metal seat against your rump. What happened to REAL see saws? We couldn't make sense of it but took a picture anyway.

On September 30, Bean tested for his high white belt. He was victorious and we celebrated with a root beer float at Smash Burger.

CHICKENS

After two weeks, we got our first dozen eggs!


Here are their offerings after Day 1.

Production is very slow lately. I'm not sure if it's the weather or what. They seem happy enough, but they are not laying. Now, maybe it IS the weather, maybe they ARE unhappy. I don't know and haven't cared enough to look into seriously, but it is a little annoying. We've never gotten more than two eggs a day ... so one may turn out to be a rooster (hard to tell when they're juveniles, even to the trained eye sometimes). They don't make much noise, though. We'll see.

HOUSE

Ever had a sewer back up?

Gross. Our neighbors recommended some great plumbers, but they're not a clean up crew. We've never used so much bleach in our lives.

On the house front, we're very casually looking at homes. We went to an open house today - BEAUTIFUL home, nice lot size and neighborhood, close to a huge park. However, it's a little close to a busy road. No rush on our part.

CRAFTING

I've been working on lots of things. These are for a Disney-themed swap. A few of your lucky people will be receiving complete A to Z Disney Dessert Recipe Books for Christmas :)

Robin Hood's English Bread Pudding:

The Jungle Book: King Louie's Banana Cookies (incomplete, but I had the camera handy):

Finding Nemo - Dessert Sushi Rolls (Nemo is watermarked behind the recipe):

A cute card made for a caffeine-themed swap:

Some happy penguins done outside of my usual style (I think), so I'm pretty proud of it:

The folded card is and tied in front of the open card (this is for a wing-themed swap, same as the penguins):

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL