I'm not sure why they sell white school uniform shirts. I mean, really? Bean has been in school all of one month and three of his shirts are pretty darn close to unusable thanks to stains. Thankfully, he has a healthy collection of red shirts now. Still, though, what a waste.
Moose and I were working in the yard. My grand idea to mulch around our big oak tree in the back was a bust. I should have put a lining down BEFORE mulching, but I figured with the drought-like conditions, low sunlight, and a healthy 3-inches of mulch, the grass would just die. Wrong. I moved some of it up to front yard to mulch some of the lesser-noticeable parts of the beds up there, and then I raked it out back there and mowed it down. We'll see what it turns into. So far, it is a grave yard for a dead pigeon that I wasn't about to pick up (I raked mulch over it and did NOT mow over it).
The chickens are an epic fail for egg-laying today. Maybe they're not impressed with the cooler weather we're having, maybe they're saving three eggs up for me tonight. Who knows. Have you ever investigated a coop of sleeping chickens? Pretty sweet stuff. They're so fidgety all day and want nothing to do with humans, but when they're tired and/or asleep, they just sit in their coops like lumps - not caring at all if you touch them.
*I wrote this two days ago (on the 28th) but the internet was having a hiccup when I went to publish it, so that's why it's being published now.
9.28.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment