9.09.2010

The Last Month in Pictures


You'll find Bean's first day of school, pictures from my in-laws' visit, shots from Gators & Friends Alligator Park and Exotic Zoo, a few pics from our adventure to Artspace, a drawing Bean made of himself (it's adorable), and pictures of the new kittens!

The visit with my in-laws was very nice - lots of extra help with the kids, new people to run errands with, motivation to cook a few meals, etc. Good things. We tried some new restaurants (umm, The Blind Tiger = amazing). My sister-in-law is now scrapbooking! Yeah! We have the same paper cutter, and I hope to drag her out to scrapbook retreats once she wraps up this college gig. Gator & Friends was surprisingly nice. Just big enough to entertain everyone, and you get to feed just about everything (except the alligators, of course). Artspace was also pretty neat. I wish my boys liked crafting more, but it still wasn't a bad way to spend some time in air conditioning.

Bean is doing great in school - he's had good days every single day. He also very busy twice a week with karate and is has made marked improvements there. He's one of the youngest there, but he's really come a long way from his first few practices.

Moose started school on September 1 and LOVES it. No tears, no bad reports. He happily comes back home with me, where he promptly takes a good nap. He is also doing speech twice a week - sometimes he talks, sometimes he doesn't. He never says much, regardless.

I started volunteering in Bean's school library - once a week for two hours. It's great! Everyone in the library is very nice, and it's so cool to see what the kids are reading. We were certainly busy the whole time. It was nice to stimulate my brain a bit. I am also busy writing, meeting up with fabulous people twice a week to stay motivated. I am crafting again and looking forward to a crop later this month. I'm in FOUR swaps, and I am loving every minute of creating.

I've also decided to start pursuing my Tastefully Simple business again. We would really love a new vehicle in the near future, and it'd be nice to have a big down payment or possibly even pay cash. I have a Success Event with fellow consultants on Monday, so I'm hoping to take off after that. (Don't worry, I'm not looking to badger YOU to death about it.)

Husband remains on casual status, so he does fun stuff like move furniture and assemble desk. He's home so much. It's going to be a big adjustment when he goes back to REAL work. He did start work on my chicken coop. There's a small picture of the lumber and such in the collage too! Local elections are soon and the "chicken issue" is being pushed by some voters and politicians. It'd be awesome if they made a decision similar to most city's policies. I mean, how are chickens legal in BROOKLYN and L.A. and NEW ORLEANS but are a gray area in Shreveport. PROTECT SHREVEPORT CITY CHICKENS! Hilarious (but I mean it!).

Thanks to my in-laws for the great visit. You're welcome anytime!

1 comment:

  1. Love the new pics! the boys are growing like weeds!

    Will you email me? I can't remember if you changed your email address but I want to get some TS stuff. that new Smoke paprika dip sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL