9.10.2010

Oh, Friday!

Fridays may quickly become my favorite day of the week. It is the only weekday I don't have to be ANYWHERE. No speech, no Mother's Day Out, no karate, no meetings. Don't get me wrong, I love all those other things (except PTA meetings), but it sure feels good to have a wide open day (with only one kiddo in tow).

One of the kittens is healed from her spaying surgery. The other kitten, though, has an open wound. Last night was the first time Husband and I noticed. All the tissue still looks healthy, so I cleaned it and put ointment on it, and wrapped her up. She's been surprisingly cooperative in not tearing off the wrapping. I'll give it the weekend, and if it still looks bad Monday, I'll call the vet. Her behavior is totally fine, so I'm hoping it's not serious - from what I've read online, there are several layers of stitches, if only the first ones are busted, then it's no biggie.

Moose and I are going to PetSmart to get two e-collars. That way she cannot pick at her wound and neither can her sister (who likes to pick on her). In all honesty, though, I think the stitches tore open from one Moose yanking on her all the time. Poor thing. The kittens are now separated from said Moose till the wound heals.

I thought we had them named, Cleo and Clementine, but now more of their personality has been revealed. Clementine, who we thought was the "nice" one, is actually the more dominate and a bit of a bully with poor Cleo. I originally had the names Queenie and Little Bee picked out for them, and I think I might go back to those. Queenie is the bully and larger of the two. Little Bee (or just Bee) is the smaller and more submissive one (and the one with the busted stitches). Those names seem much more fitting. I thought of them again before falling asleep and woke up still thinking of them. So, I think that might finally be settled!

Hoping to hit the used book fair at the college today.

Downloading ALL our digital pictures and hoping to organize them into final files. The task is overwhelming.

The "No Stuff" challenge is actually going along quite nicely. My Kohls bill is paid. My Visa's statement balance is paid. I got rid of about six bags of stuff on Freecycle. I found stacks of paper to use in the printer. I gave away a chunk of clothes to our babysitter. I did slack on the organizing and getting rid of during my in-laws visit, but it's OK. I did buy a few things - two packages of patterned paper (but I promptly gave my sister-in-law lots of pattern paper, so I hope that evened out), underwear (which my mother-in-law assures me does not fall under "stuff"), a small set of acrylic stamps (50-percent off, Asian-themed, couldn't resist), and a scale (because I ::might:: start SparkPoints in the near future). Nothing outlandish. Of course, all bets are off for the book sale. But I'm going to thoroughly enjoy myself and pay cash and not feel an ounce of guilt about it. It hasn't been flawless, but I feel good about it ... and I think that's the ultimate goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL