8.21.2010

No More Stuff

Starting today, I am not buying anymore "stuff" for a month. No more books or clothes or miscellaneous stuff. Both my Kohls bill (which I never carry a balance on anyway) and my Visa (which I, umm, sometimes carry a balance on) will be paid off at the end of the month, and I intend on keeping it that way.

I'm also tired of material items cluttering up my house. It accumulates fast between the four of us, and I'm done with my part of it ... for at least a month.

I'm hoping to spend the time I would spend (a) scouring Amazon or (b) walking the rounds at Kohls or (c) running into Michaels or (d) checking out the non-grocery side of Super Target or (e) some other equivalent and instead spending it on getting rid of things - FreeCycle, eBay, donations, etc. I also want to check out some consignment shops around here. Unfortunately, the military spouses do not run one on base here ... so I need to find something else. Husband has had a lot of luck on Craig's List recently (my postings produced ZERO buyers, so I don't have so much faith in it anymore). I am also stockpiling books, CDs, and DVDs for a trip to Dallas in September. The only places that buy-back here give you store credit, not cash.

So, yes, still mopey and now obsessing over minimizing and simplifying.

I am not saying I will spend NO money. I'm certainly up for pedicures and the movies and things along those lines, but I'm not spending money on anything that takes up room in my house ... at least for a month. Let's see how it goes. We'll call it "No Stuff September," but it ends September 21.

2 comments:

  1. When are you coming to Dallas? Please not before the 21st! We are going to be in MI from the 7 til then. We will meet you there! As for coming and painting? The boys have been asking to go to Luigiana for some time now. It will have to happen sometime "soon". (Before the end of the year!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling the stuff thing too--not sure what to do about it, really. I feel like a stuff-a-holic some days.

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL