Painting 1 was mine :)
Painting 2 was Husband's.
I agree that his look more real, but mine are prettier :) I said that from the moment we set them out at home. We had a lot of fun painting them, and I can't wait to do it again.
That said, I am in a major funk. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's time for school to start. Maybe it's time for this heat to subside, but I'm all sorts of mopey.
We adopted a new cat. She looks a lot like our old cat. Her name is Penuche (PAH-NUSH), well, that's the name she came with. Bean is pretty set on it. We mainly call her Cat. Today, Husband came up with Mrs. Nathan Fillion-Grylls (after his two man crushes). Obviously, no one is going to start calling her that. She is five and appeared to be just an obese lazy orange cat at the shelter. After bringing her home, however, I noticed that she's actually quite spunky and affectionate. She was also disgusting, so I took her to get groomed. She looks about 10 pounds lighter (but, no joke, she's still 17.5 pounds). She spends her days hiding under the bed and her nights curled up on top of the bed. Her and the dog are still ignoring each other, but I think they'll figure something out soon enough.
Regarding my hatred of litter boxes ... I bought a Clever Cat Top Entry Litter Box. This is what the shelter switched to recently and said it is AMAZING. I am also using pine pellets instead of cat litter. You're not supposed to flush cat urine and poop ... but let's just say that the pellets are so awesome that you CAN. No dust, fresh smell. Very, very few pellets make it out of the litter box (I've counted like THREE since we got her Wednesday - compare that to clay litter that is a freaking mess all the time). I am also lining the box with bags, so there's nothing sticking ANYWHERE. So far, this is a completely different litter box experience. Thank goodness.
8.21.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I need that little box. And those pellets. Yesterday.
ReplyDeleteWe all get the funk sometimes. It might the let-down after all the move excitement. I find I'm often in a funky mood after an exciting, hectic time.