7.26.2010

On Planting, Potty-Training, Etc.

Dragged the boys outside this afternoon. That big one hates going outside:

-I'm thirsty.
-It's so hot.
-Being outside makes me tired.
-It's cold.
-Being outside makes my elbows hurt.
-It's so bright.

Once I suggested he help plant some hollyhocks and lettuce, he was up for it ... as long as I put the pots and soil and seeds and shovels in the shade. I also let him water them afterward (he likes watering - I think he just likes being in charge of the hose). Later, he and Moose "scrubbed" the driveway. A bucket of water, some sponges and an old vacuum cleaner part provide an hour of entertainment.

I'm considering potty-training Moose. He knows how to bring me a diaper, so I'm guessing he could probably handle going to the potty. If I get it done before my in-laws come to visit over Labor Day, then we can probably drop both kids off at the RV and have a night out.

I am drowning in books once again. So much to read. Finished Cutting for Stone (surprisingly good, I expected it to be a bit boring. I mean, it IS about surgeons from India in Ethiopia and is 600-plus pages long) and my friend Laura's book. Am still reading The Urban Homestead and started Columbine. I'm fascinated with most anything written about Columbine - but not in a morbid way (I don't think). For most people my age, there was school before Columbine and school after Columbine. They were two different places. I also went on a trip with a few kids from the Littleton area (they were not from Columbine High School, which actually isn't even in Littleton). They knew some of the kids and were hesitant to specifically tell you where they were from. "Outside Denver" is all the teachers and kids said for the first few days.

Moose is on his third outfit for the day.

Note to self: Order more sippy cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL