I got home and decided to start really finishing the house. I put the new bedding on the best, and I am in love with it. Life feels more luxurious and pretty with it. It happens to go perfectly with a print of the Ernest Hemingway's Key West home we brought back from our honeymoon. I slept wonderfully and am considering a plural marriage with the bedding and my husband. He likes it too, so I don't think he'll mind.
While the bug hit me, I also framed up a lot of ignored artwork and picked places for Husband to hang them. He did so quickly, and I am even more in love with all of it. We also picked up some tension rods to hang curtains over the metal blinds - I hate looking at metal blinds. Tension rods are a renter's best friend (and the best friend to a girl who cannot hang real curtain rods to save her life and must depend on her husband for such things). We also got tension rods for curtains in the boys' play room (since I have plenty of panels, because I was obsessive on NOT including the curtains in the sale of our old home - and I'm glad I didn't).
I rearranged the boys room and Husband hung up their artwork from Red Bean Dream up there and his pilot memorabilia stuff - it's a good place for it. The plane stuff is great for little boys and its nice for them to have reminders up of their daddy (and it's nice that it's not in any of the common areas of our home - we are proud of him, but I really hate putting stuff like that front and center).
I tidied some bookshelves.
The whole place feels more like our home. I'm totally loving it.
By the way, my nesting is not part of a pregnancy. I assure you. I am suffering from MSB, as my mom calls it (menstrual syndrome bitchiness). No combination of drugs and caffeine seem to keep it in check. The only thing that works - and temporarily - is just to eat a lot of delicious food. My husband, trying to tread lightly, mentioned the drastic change in my moodiness. I wasn't mad at him, because I very clearly see it in myself too. Not sure what to do about it, but I can't spend nearly a quarter of my month acting like this. I do have two lavender plants growing outside, and they are proven stress relievers. Maybe I should start smoking them.
I have more dirt and seeds to plant. A friend shared a planting guide designed specifically for our region (written by a local professor/scientist), so that's really a dream come true. I can make sense of our growing season and can likely harvest foods almost year around! Score one for hot, humid summers and mild winters!
I did get a good deal on some very beautiful frames (framed up six pieces for significantly less than a single custom frame would cost).
I strongly suggest that you splurge on bedding when you are in a position to do so. Amazing - I can't say it enough!
7.23.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Haha! Smoking Lavender! Ha! I know that cooking and gardening relax me. And even reading. Maybe make nap time, your time, during those days/weeks. :)
ReplyDeleteI've got nesting sydrome too and it's not at all related to pregnancy. Actually, I got totally used to working on a house for about a year and then stoppign because it wasn't permanent. Did the same thing with this place and then suddenly I realized--we're not moving! Crazy! I'm having fun, though--trying to recylce, visit consignment places, and all that.
ReplyDeleteGood bedding is an absolute must! I spare no expense... 600-800 thread count sheets, good pillows and an oversized conforter! If you think about it it spend 1/3 of your life in your bed!
ReplyDeleteRose