7.20.2010

Vitamin D

My husband is on casual duty while all his medical stuff gets wrapped up. He likely will not be starting training till December, so this means he has a pretty lack schedule nowadays. This means he's around A LOT. I love him, I really do, but when you're used to someone being gone most the day most days, it gets a little trying sometimes to always be "sharing" day after day with them. I've got a vibe at home that doesn't include him some of the day. This morning I told him he needed a second job, I could have him hanging around the house all the time. He told me to get a job. I said, "Fine. I'll apply at Michaels and work at night and on the weekends, that way we don't have to pay for daycare." The look on his face immediately suggested that he regretted saying it, but I started filling out my application (and what a tedious application it is).

My mom is in town for the week, so I have another round of taking care of her :) She had a long flight in yesterday and is on blood thinners and is very weak and tired. She is doing better today, though. We managed to go to lunch and stop by a plant nursery - I bought some ailing strawberry plants, two jalapeno plants, and herbs (lavender, chives, oregano, and mint). I worked outside for more than an hour planting and arranging and watering. I am soaking wet with sweat and humidity, but it feels good. I love not having to worry about the house (one benefit of renting) and spending so much more time in the yard.

Speaking of the house, the kids and I worked on redecorating the guest bathroom. I may have mentioned the "custom paint job" that my landlady came up with ... beige walls with red and peach sponge paint and stenciled green/black fleur-de-lise. Oh, I wish I was kidding. A friend (Mrs. Precious One) suggested vinyl a while back. First, Bean picked out a bath mat that was orange and blue and then some fun towels - one shaped like a blue monster and one shaped like a green frog. Then I found some shower curtain hooks in orange, green, and blue all from Kohls. We also found green and blue vinyl spots for the walls from Kohls and a large "Surf's Up" vinyl poster from Hobby Lobby in blue and orange. Yes, it's a wild mess in there, but it's much more kid-friendly looking and fun. I'm not completely embarrassed of it anymore.


I also bought this bedding from Bed Bath & Beyond. I've had my eye on it for months and am so happy to call it my own. The designer originally designed scrapbook supplies (which I was a fan of it), so it's no wonder I loved it. I skipped the designer throw pillows and throw, though, to make it a bit less girly. The sheet set is also different with my set - it all looks like that green paisley design pillow (umm, so more girly) and the euro shams are cream with pink embroidery. Hmm. I saved $91 with coupons ... so that just sort of suggests how much I spent on it (but worth every penny).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL