The last week has been quite a ride. Let me preface this by saying that I know things could be worse, they could be WAY worse, but it's still been a heck of a week.
Last Friday, Husband saw the doctor and was immediately referred to a urologist. The urologist immediately scheduled him for surgery for Tuesday. He has (well, had) a testicular tumor. It was an out-patient surgery and he is gaining more strength each day, but he's still pretty uncomfortable. We are waiting on results from the biopsy today and still haven't heard anything, so I'll tell you about that when it comes in. Even if it is cancerous, it's very treatable. One of the doctors told him that if you could pick your cancer, this would be it. Still, though, the "c" word makes any person nervous.
So, Husband has been holed away in our bedroom and I have had the pleasure of the boys full-time, all the time, with a patient in the back bedroom. It's been trying at moments, but everyone is still alive. I shooed the boys outside this morning and Husband said, "Do you trust them out there by themselves?" I said, "I trust them more out there than I trust them in here with me!" They were just fine and played for hours. I even put their lunch out there and they picked at it.
Speaking of time outside, the dog was out there with the boys (so they weren't totally unsupervised) and I saw her coughing/looking like she was licking peanut butter but all frantic and painful like. I put her water bowl out there and came back inside. Later, I brought the boys in for a nap and put her inside. After I tended to the boys, I noticed that she didn't look right. Her face looked swollen and she was breathing heavy and she wouldn't drink. I checked her mouth and her jowls were swollen rock hard. I called a vet and they said she was probably stung (my suspicion) and to bring her in, so they could give her something to reduce swelling. So, I got to rush off to the vet during THE ONLY PEACE I GET ALL DAY. I am on my way to pick her up now. Since she was there, I'm also getting her shots updated and getting her microchipped and getting flea preventative and all that fun stuff. I take her back next week for an update.
Finally, on a more minor note, our new stove/oven and microwave are supposed to come today. I'm trying to be optimistic and say the day isn't over yet, BUT they're not here yet.
6.10.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hope everything is ok with your husband. Glad to hear that you are liking LA. Hope things will calm down for you soon...
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear that, but at least it's gone now! The C word is never a good one.
ReplyDeleteAll that outside time is surely good for them. Vitamin D and all.