6.13.2010

No Word & More Stuff

Husband called the urologist's office several times Friday and was told they may not have the results until as late as Tuesday. So, that's fun ... waiting a week to find out if you have flipping cancer.

The appliances did not show up. Apparently, they left the warehouse June 10 and will call us this week to schedule delivery. So, it's just me and you for another week GE P7, you 1961 time machine you.

Zulu has completely recovered. She is still getting medicine and has a follow-up appointment and her annual exam tomorrow. At 8:50 a.m. No worries, I will be awake and alert as ::someone:: and ::someone else:: have decided that 6 a.m. is the new waking hour.

::Someone else:: (the smaller of the someones) has also decided that he needs to poop at least five times a day. This has recently in a bleeding diaper rash come today. THERE IS NOTHING I WOULD RATHER DO THAN TEND TO MY CHILD'S BLEEDING AND POOPY BUTT, GIVE THE DOG MEDICINE TWICE A DAY, AND WAIT ON MY MAYBE-HAS-CANCER-BUT-WE-DON'T-KNOW-YET HUSBAND. Oh, it's been a long week and if Sunday is any indication, this week isn't going to be easy either. At some point, I must mow the lawn.

In interesting news, I woke up Saturday with terrible, terrible shoulder pain. It literally felt like the weight on the world was resting on my neck and shoulders. I got in for a massage (wha wha, I have time and money for massage) while the boys were supposed to be sleeping. The massage helped my mobility, but it seemed to spread the pain across the entire span of my shoulders (so, instead of just knots of lactic acid, my whole upper back was flooded with it). She said even the bottoms of my feet were tight and it would take more than one session to work out (please, like I have time and money for another session). Anyway, I was grateful for the improved mobility, since I'm the only person who can pick up anything over 10 pounds. After the boys went to bed for the night (for real, not like nap time), I escaped to Michaels and walked down to the dollar store. They had some muscle cream there (for a $1), and I bought it on a whim ... expecting it to at best do nothing and at worst burn all my skin off. But you know what? I worked WONDERS. Oh, it makes me reek of menthol, and it's not 100 percent better, but the relief is AMAZING. I'd still like another massage, but I have no complaints about the dollar I spent on this stinky cream.

Also at the dollar store: two foam swords for the boys, a book by Rosie O'Donnell, and a book by Mary Pipher (one of my favorite writers). Score!

I went to the newcomers meeting at church today and asked them: What do you say when people say, "Unitarian Universalism? I've never heard of it. It must be a cult." The chaplain said: Well, three of our first six presidents were Unitarian ... The education director said: Oh, just tell them we'll never be organized enough to be a cult.

So, there you have it.

Now, to put ::someone:: and ::someone else:: to bed. I'm sure I'll pass out shortly there after.

Oh, another good thing:

We finally found a piano and are expecting it tomorrow. It's an upright from William Knabe from he late 1800s. It's beautiful and still plays quite nicely. It's more than I expected, that's how beautiful it is. We might have it tuned as our anniversary gift this year. The piano is actually for our anniversary last year, but we never found anything we liked or could work out logistics to move it. Our moving money leaves us with enough cash to pay for it and for professional piano movers. Now, who in the household will learn to play this beast?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL