6.07.2010

Hooked on Phonics Deal

This is too good not to share. Money Saving Mom has a post about getting a $200 Hooked on Phonics reading system for $30! Check it out here. It's for kindergarten to second grade. They also have a toddler reading program on overstock too. Use the code SLICK50 to get an additional 50 percent off. I ordered both for about $50, including shipping (and I had $20 in my PayPal account from using Ebates, so it was like $30 for all of it).

Wahoo!

Husband is leery about it, but I told him I could probably resell the system for that price, so we're not out anything if we don't use it. I've wasted $30 on worse.

Speaking of good deals, I scored big at CVS this week - two razors, three cereals, and two men's deodorants. I spent $15 and got $20 back (including a $5 off $15 - you never see those anymore). I only run one transaction per a week now, I just don't have the mojo to do multiples anymore. It costs me a few more bucks that way, but time is money too.

This afternoon, I went to lay Moose down for a nap and was in his bed with him. Well, he escaped, and I proceeded to nap. Then Husband came in and laid down beside me and told me to get up. Then he fell asleep. So, we napped in the boys' bed while they bounced off the walls. We heard a crash of Play-Doh supplies but ignored it for a few more minutes of sweet slumber.

Also, for the first time this year, I'm going to stop reading a book before I finish it - Once Upon a Time by Gloria Vanderbilt. Good grief, talk about a rich and bitch sob story of nothing. I'm on page 50, and I think it's time to stop. I've moved on to The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers. It's so much better so far.

1 comment:

  1. Also try the books Phonics Pathways and Reading Pathways...we publish them. That is what Mike used to read. I bet your library has them.
    And the Teresa in The Reading Pathways pyramid is ME!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL