5.22.2010

Moving In

We are moved! We our in our new home and we have all our stuff. We are surrounded by boxes and packing paper (but less and less each day). The boys have a wonderful play room - heated and air conditioned and very large (no leaks or intense heat or bitter cold or bugs).

The yard looked abandoned when we arrived - our lease has been active for two weeks and the owner was out a few weeks before that. It's cleaned up now - just need to get some string for the weed whacker and the neighbors will like us :) Speaking of neighbors, I've met several and all were very friendly.

Oh, while cleaning out the front courtyard area, I found my first Louisiana snake - just a 6" garden snake. It wasn't that exciting. I did pick it up and Bean touched it. I caught it while the movers arrived and they thought I was crazy.

It's certainly different being in a rental, but it feels more like home now that all our stuff has arrived.

The kids are driving us nuts. I know they're in a new place and in a new room and don't have their usual stuff where it usually is. They are into everything and constantly making terrible noises. We are going to take advantage of the 20 hours of free child care on base. We are desperate to get unpacked without their constant squawking. We bust are butts all day and are so exhausted and those two still want to get up at 6 a.m. Goodness. It's been not a lot of fun on that end.

What HAS been a lot of fun is having a Super Target and Best Buy and Bed Bath & Beyond and Lowe's and Macaroni Grill and Chick Fillet and Moe's Southwest Grill right down the street. We are also on the waiting list for the private community pool - they limit it to 300 families and are currently full. So, in not so fun news, we are taunted by the laughter and splashing on the current members ... just steps from our backyard. I hope someone moves soon.

Well, back to unpacking.

Oh, I forgot to call the gas company, so we didn't have hot water for two and a half days. The shower spit out ice cubes. It was terrible. I have no idea how people lived without hot indoor water.

OK, now back to unpacking.

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking about you guys and if you got moved or not. Glad to hear you are getting settled in. :) How are you liking the new town? Better than the old one?

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL