5.25.2010

Why You Don't Nap at 5 p.m. and Drink a Cherry Coke Shortly Thereafter

I finished a book tonight and then started another one. I finally turned off the light and tried to sleep for about an hour before I just gave up and decided to finish some laundry and peruse the internet for a while.

The kids had a great time at the child care provider's today. She said they were a joy and totally easy. Bean did manipulate her into giving him half an ice cream sandwich after breakfast - telling her that "I get dessert if I finish all my food." She said that Moose looks like me. I love being told that, even if it's not true. They don't really look like Husband either, but they sure look like each other (at the same ages, they don't look that much alike nowadays with the skinny versus heavy, short hair versus long hair, glasses versus no glasses).

I ordered True Blood Season 2. It should be here when I arrive back from Texas (Bean and I are headed out that way for him to enjoy the last two days of school and a birthday party at House of Toys - I'll also do all the closing paperwork while I'm up there). So, at least I have Sookie Stackhouse as a friend when I get back.

I'm hoping to paint the boys' room tomorrow. Bean picked out a color called Hint of Mint. It's green, but it's almost gray. For some reason, the kid is obsessed with gray. Ask him his favorite colors and he will tell you gray, brown, and green - in that order. What a strange one.

Moose was sitting on my lap when I fell asleep at 5 p.m. today. Husband moved him off of me, but he came back later and sat nearly on top of my head ... while I continued to sleep. He's taken to saying "Mommm-me, Mommm-me" a lot. It's odd that Bean calls us Mama and Dada (still) and Moose has taken the Mommy and Daddy route. He's strange as well.

I don't know where they get it from.

1 comment:

  1. You are now officially five hours closesr to me than you were before. Still far, but you really must visit New Orleans at some point:)

    Glad you're all moved in--hope someone moves away soon so you can get to swimmin!

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL