With so much stuff stripped away, it's been interesting.
It's quite easy to keep the house picked up and, within an hour, it's easily shiny and spotless.
Much of my craft stuff is packed away and the rest of it is spread out into a couple closets. I haven't touched the stuff in nearly a month. That's right - I've gone an entire month with no crafting.
I've done a lot of reading. Books 3, 4, 5, and working on 6 of the Sookie Stackhouse series. Reading is a very tidy hobby.
I'm considering keeping the craft stuff packed away after we move - at least for summer (when I'll be unpacking and then rewarding myself with an escape from the heat and a trip to my family up north). I'm strongly considering having a real guest room instead of a craft room. Can you believe it? I mean, we'll be living in a place where people might actually WANT to visit us.
I'm thinking I can downsize my stash to just fit in our current TV armoire. Our rental home has a built-in in the den that houses a TV, so we won't need it in the den. The formal living room will be the toy room. Yes, we're going to keep things classy there. (I don't have to worry about selling it, so I plan to live strictly with what is most convenient for my family - caring little about what you think when the first thing you see is a mess of toys to your left and my craft stuff all over the dining room to your right.) The kitchen has space for our small dining table (where we eat all of our meals unless we have company).
One of the offers has till 3:30 p.m. to respond to our counter. If we get a no or don't hear anything, then we'll accept an offer from the other buyers. They have a home to sell, so it's not a done deal, but there's a high likelihood of everything turning out OK. All the math and money talk makes a humble English major uncomfortable. Husband is crawling the walls in anticipation. I actually told him to HAVE A DRINK AND GO PLAY VIDEO GAMES last night. So, you know it was bad.
Well, I think someone pooped in their pants. Twasn't me.
4.20.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
that last sentence just cracked me up! I am so happy that you guys have offers. Hopefully everything will work out right. :)
ReplyDelete