4.14.2010

My String Bean

For quite some time, we've known that Bean is not much of an eater. Oh, if it's complete junk or a shade of golden brown, he'll eat to his heart's content. If it's say, oh, green. He won't touch it. Unless it's a pea, then he'll just swallow it whole.

Me: Bean, you need to chew the peas, that's how your body gets the good stuff.
Bean: No, Mama, it good to me dis way.

On occasion, he will humor with a couple raw carrots and maybe some apple. Day to day, though, it's strictly peanut butter sandwiches, yogurt, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, fries (which, I'm happy to report, he knows come from potatoes), fruit-veggie juice, and milk. He did eat FIVE strawberries a couple days ago - it was a huge victory.

I had the pleasure of learning that almost every single pair of shorts from last year look like hot pants on the kid. I went to Kohls and scoured the boys section for size 7 pants with adjustable waists. The inexpensive shorts with just the elastic waists don't stand a chance of fitting his waist. So, I found all of two pairs of shorts for about $15 each that will both fit my son's waist and be an appropriate length. I would again like to note how clothing this child will break the bank.

Thank goodness, I had enough 3T items to supply Moose with a more than complete wardrobe for both summer and winter (we don't have fall around here). Of course, the stinker has outgrown his sweet Pedi-Peds, so I am in the market for new, flex-bottomed shoes.

Out of my three pairs of jeans, two have holes and the other pair are sort of ill-fitting anyway. So, umm, I should probably do some clothes shopping for myself. I don't really like clothes shopping. I have a pretty specific way I like things to look and fit, and recent trends don't seem to agree with me ... that's why the only pair of shorts I own are from 1999 and most my t-shirts are from college or hand-me-downs from my husband. I did flirt with a pair of Bermuda shorts last year, and when I saw a picture of myself in them they were quickly retired forever. Yuck, how unflattering.

Moose is awake. We're going to run to The Children's Place and see about more shorts for his string bean brother. I will be wearing a pair of capri pants from, I believe, 2001 - strangely enough, both the '99 shorts and these capri pants are Unionbay. Timeless, baby, timeless.

2 comments:

  1. We seem to be having the same problem. P is super skinny (although doc says he is in 50th% for his weight, not sure I believe her) and can wear 18-24 month shorts in the waist, but they are super short on him. He wears 3T pants and shirts for the length. Oh these boys and their adjustable pants/shorts! If only they would eat!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am mad that you can still wear shorts from 1999!! Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL