Last Saturday marked the Third and Final Annual Garage Sale between ourselves and the House of Toys. For the first time, we skipped the ad in the paper - and we have no regrets about it! We both cleared hundreds of dollars of stuff.
I actually think we're kind of disgusting. How, for the third year in a row, have we acquired hundreds of dollars in stuff that we don't want? Such consumerists. Personally, aside from groceries, I don't think I'm a big shopper. I will say that even Mrs. House of Toys has cut down on the toy buying. Still, though, we found lots of crap.
My friend, Mrs. Precious One, also dropped off some stuff. She wanted Tastefully Simple product instead of her cash - fine by me! She brought lunch to the house today and saw her old office chair in my office and her old shower curtain in my guest bathroom. Ha ha. She said it was quite a compliment to see her old stuff in someone's home. I'm not proud, I'll take my friends' unwanted stuff :)
There were several incidents of Crazy Old People - all harmless and fun. I sold the play cube for $30 (exactly how much I paid for it two years ago - talk about holding its value!). Husband finally parted with his surround system ... that's been sitting in a closet for almost three years.
I'd say only two or three groups of people walked away without buying anything - that's amazing.
I also had a young man and his female friend ask for a tour of my house. I showed them around and warned them that anywhere from four to eight kids had been running through the house all morning. The kitchen and living room were a bit messy, but all the other rooms were pretty good. They both really seemed to like it. I suggested he talk to our Realtor, if needed anything else. Apparently, this meant that he should come over again Sunday sans Realtor. That's right, I again roamed around my home with a young pilot while my husband was at class. (Husband did meet him right before he left the house.) Funny enough, my husband has also said things like, "Give him your number." and "Drop by his house and leave a note." and, when I suggest husband talk to him, "Oh, no, he likes you better." My mom, Mrs. Precious One, and I all find it hilarious that my husband thinks absolutely nothing of his wife giving out her number and giving tours of bedrooms to handsome guys while he's away. Wha ha ha.
So, we've had someone look at the house - just not the traditional route.
I painted some gutters today, scrubbed all the siding and did some minor repairs to the trim around the garage. It was just a little effort, but they're all marked improvements. I may tackle the gutters in the front of the house tomorrow and possibly the shutters.
Hope and pray that we are in contract before the end of the month. We are getting very nervous.
4.12.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment