4.26.2010

Let's Move Already!

We have a Realtor's Open House this Thursday, since our home is not officially sold until These People sell their home.

These People had their home inspection today, and I'm curious to see what the guy found. We've worked really hard to eliminate most problems, so I'm sincerely hoping he didn't find anything that is (a) expensive or (b) a deal breaker. Please!

My mom is here. I picked her up at DFW last Thursday, and we went to the Fort Worth Zoo and the Miniature Train Ride. It was great weather and the boys had a great time. Awesome day. I want an open-air bird house with lots of cockatiels and parakeets.

Since there are two more hands around, I finally got around to listing several items on eBay. No joke, I have 16 auctions on there and am hoping that I make enough to buy my SLR camera in the very near future! You can see them here. Spare me the lecture on buying the stuff in the first place, got it?

Speaking of my camera, my mom and I went to the casino Saturday night, and I made $90 off the free $10 the casino gives people with a military ID! Wahoo! I pocketed my $90 and walked out with it more than an hour later. Mom's luck wasn't as good.

My old neighbor, House of Boys, wants to have a garage sale May 15. But, Melissa, you just had a garage sale! I know! Still, though, now that we're actually moving I have a few more items I might be willing to part with, and she has a chunk of stuff anyway. Why not? I have rugs and kitchen carts - maybe I'll find more.

We went for a walk today at the park, did some shopping, and pigged out at Red Lobster - lobster, scallops, shrimp. Yum. I am stuffed.

=====

Boys are good.

Bean is skinnier than ever - my mom notes that all his chub is gone, even his face is skinny. She's suggested adding Ensure to anything that calls for milk just to get some more calories in him. We've been giving him a PediSure each day, but clearly he's still anorexic.

Moose is running and walking and climbing. He throws things when he's mad, and he can be a bit of a bully - but when those things aren't going on, he's still very sweet and easy-going. (Even with the mood swings, I still think he's less ornery than Bean was at this age.)

Husband is very busy with work, his paper for his master's, and maintaining the yard and doing some small repairs. My mom noted that his car is much dirtier than it used to be. Clearly, the man is stressed out. We are still waiting on official orders - we can't schedule the movers without them. So, yes, that's fun.

1 comment:

  1. Let me just say that we had the WORST packers ever when we were in WF. TERRIBLE. The never even enteredthe bathroom, so keep an eye on those people. Movers themselves were no problem. They're complete experts what with the gazillion people moving all the time, so they know what they're doing.

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL