We picked a bad weekend to kick off our house selling. Holiday weekends aren't known for their activity. Thanks, Jesus, for waiting till April to have Easter this year. I prefer it in March, but I guess that's not really up to me. While we're at it, it's quite a bizarre way that Easter is chosen. I mean, the first Sunday after the first fool moon after the spring equinox? I think we can do better.
So, our home remains hopelessly tidy and the yard remains wonderful. Now that it's all done, I realize that I quite like my house. It so makes me wish that Husband would have gotten around to a few of these improvements sooner. I think about our home waiting in Shreveport (lease and checks mailed off today), and I know it'll be fine, but it's not nearly as nice and not done to my taste (and costs more, gag). This place, everything is painted to my taste, the floors are my tastes, my master bath is 100 percent my taste. We have new doors and nice landscaping. I know the landscaping well. Friends have looked at the online tour and commented on how nice all the pictures look and how neutral and clean it looks.
YET, no one has come to even look at this darn house yet. Not a single phone call. The Realtor is headed over here today to place an "Info Tube." So, the looky-lous will have something to check out. I don't need looky-lous, I need a buyer.
On the plus side, I do have some serious interest in our riding lawn mower and refrigerator. The lady for the fridge doesn't need it till after we move, so that will be perfect. We'll miss our "tractor," but the rental home has a small yard (seriously, we can mow and edge in less than an house) and no place to store a tractor (it's a carport setup, not a full garage - but the carport is in the back and original to the home, so it doesn't look like most the eyesores that people think of when they thing "carport").
So, honestly, everything is going well here - except for getting buyers inside this house. I just keep telling myself that it'll happen, I just need to be patient, it's a slow weekend with the holiday.
4.06.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm sorry the selling is slow, but it only takes one person! We sold our house to the first looker.
ReplyDeleteI'm also glad you liked Shreveport although honestly, a lot of places look like the Taj Mahal after where you are. I know I almost died of happiness when I saw North Little Rock.
I've never been to the Barksdale Inn but I did stay at TLF at Sheppard the year before they tore it down and I swear to you, I considered running home to my mom right then and there.