3.02.2010

Telling People Off

The other night, some ladies and I were discussing instances in which we've told people off and whether or not we regretted it. I went so far as to say that I can't actually say that I've ever felt better telling someone off - oh, maybe momentarily, but in the grand scheme of things, it's not like it's ever made a positive difference.

Well, today I had the perfect opportunity to really lay into someone. Oh, it would have been glorious. I was fired up and ready to kick this guy's ass.

During pick-up time at school, the school sets out cones to block traffic from the half-circle that goes right in front of the school. Well, a man in a large truck decided that these cones didn't apply to him and he comes barreling in and comes awfully close to my baby who is toddling around. I shouted, "Don't you see the cones?" He comes out of his truck and says, "Yeah. I saw 'em." I said, "So, what they don't apply to you because you have a badge?" He mumbled something and started walking and I said, "Well, you must just like running over little kids." He's a fifth grade teacher at the school and parked like a total asshole (see his big, fat bumper blocking half the sidewalk that the kids walk on and his tire up on the curb) in a handicap spot.

I really did keep my cool. I didn't yell or curse or even get that snarky. What I wanted to do was get a baseball bat and bash in his windows. I wanted to rip his eyes out. He almost ran over my kid.

Some other moms were next to me while this was happening and told me he's known for being an old grouch, gave me his name, and offered to watch Moose while I fought him.

I went to the front office and told them about it. The secretary said she would pass it along, because the principle was out for the afternoon. I told her that I know people can have handicaps that aren't obvious, but the guy knows what time it is and saw the cones and he could have used A LOT more discretion with his speed and attitude. I told her I wanted to meet him on the playground. That's right, I don't care if he's a disabled veteran, I still want to kick his ass. She nodded and looked at me like this isn't the first time she's received complaints about this particular teacher.

So, umm, that was fun.

Then I had to vote.

I had every intention of voting in the Republican primary, because there were two races in that party that I was particularly interested in - the Governor of Texas or the State Representative in our area. For Governor, it's Rick Perry (incumbent), Kay Bailey Hutchinson (a current and long-serving Senator), and a whack job that probably spends her free time organizing Tea Party events. For State Rep, the current mayor of my town (who can't even run this town properly - our area boasts the most expensive cost of living in the state and it looks like a shithole) is running. I'm not sure who's running against him, but that's who I was voting for. For the record, I would have voted for Hutchinson out of the Governor candidates.

I was so disgusted over the whole parking lot thing that I couldn't stomach even saying "Republican" when I was asked what primary I was voting in so I said, "Democrat." The five white people quickly ushered me off to the hippie lady and the three black people. On their registry, I only saw three people with a "voted" stamp next to their name, and that was including me. How the hell did I get here?

I couldn't even remember who I liked out of the Democrats running for governor (because, come on, the Republicans have this state in the bag). I remembered that Felix Alvarado talked about creating well-regulated casinos in Texas to help provide jobs and provide more revenue for schools, so I voted for him. Then I was thinking, "Felix is a terrible name, maybe I should vote for someone with a more likable name?"

These are the big questions, people.

I've made my own mother so proud today with the curse words and imaged violence and left-leaning politics. I should just go re-pierce some body parts and call it a day.

I'm ever so thankful to just be home with my kids and enjoying tomato soup and grilled cheese for dinner and watching some Dora.

4 comments:

  1. The other Mel Gibson also has been noted for losing it with tyrants against people in charge. Go get' em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love It! I am so proud to say that I know you! I was laughing so hard after reading this. Have you ever considered stand up comedy!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are my favorite. Do you remember the time you flipped off that lady in the van on the way to Jen's wedding? Then it turned out she was the grooms aunt! Totally hilarious. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL