Our couches were the first real pieces of furniture I ever purchased. They were brand new, from an outlet store, and not terribly expensive. Still, though, they weren't from Goodwill and they weren't inherited ... so that's a big deal for a recent college graduate.
When Bean as a wee baby, our mothers slept on them. When you remove the back cushions, the couch is actually the size of a twin bed, so that worked out well.
Both our wee babies have puked on them. Many times. Many a drink and snack have been split upon them.
They're drab green. Mrs. House of Toys think they're a dark khaki, but no one else agrees.
One time, Bean took a ballpoint pen and drew a long line down the back of one. Some rubbing alcohol got the ink out pretty well ... and took some color off too. It wasn't a noticeable place, though, so no biggie.
Then, my sweet Moose did this:
And this:
And a few other large marks in areas that are quite obvious. Even if I flip the cushion (which also features a stain that won't go away ... I've run it through the washing machine with zero luck), there is still ink on the front unflippable side and the skirt.
I tried rubbing alcohol. It's a different type of pen and possibly a different kind of ink, so it did nothing. I tried a Magic Eraser. It erased the color about as well as the ink.
I'm going to buy some Goof Off and give that a try.
Husband does not know about the ink yet, but we discussed buying new couches before putting the house up for sale previously. They are starting to look a bit shabby, and I don't want buyers distracted by dingy couches.
I looked at a few shops online and didn't find a single thing I really liked. The only set I found that I kind of liked looked a lot like the couches I have now ... except beige. I try to avoid beige.
I wonder if they make couches in Apple Green. If you think about it, Apple Green is just like a happy version of drab green.
Let's just hope the Goof Off works.
A couple days ago, Moose took crayon to the hallways walls and doors. All in about two minutes. Ironic that someone so illiterate likes to write so much.
He can also hum and babble his way through the theme song for Wonder Pets.
I'm so proud.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ahh yes, we have artists in our house too. Ones that like to use permanent marker on our bedroom wall and also use toothpaste on the walls by the stairs. We've even had a toothbrush dipped in aquaphor and scrubbed into a certain little boys bedroom window screen. That of which I have no idea how to get off or out and still remains after about a year and a half. Glorious!
ReplyDeleteslipcovers
ReplyDelete