1.22.2010

That's Different

Yesterday, when I dropped Moose off at the church child care, one of the older ladies working asked me his name. I answered. Her response:

"Oh, that's different."

I rambled something off about Seventh Heaven ... quite a popular TV show for quite a number of years, but she didn't get it. So, whatever.

I've said it over and over again that I don't personally care for common and popular names. Generally speaking, names like Jacob and Emily are fine names, but they're not what I chose for my kids. Melissa was the fifth most popular name the year I was born, and I just didn't like sharing a name with so many people. Yes, I guess it's a bit of a hangup.

My husband has recently decided that he likes the name Hermione. Yes, like from Harry Potter. This is a guy who likes names like Cara and Farrah and Samantha and Laura and, yes, Melissa. Notice a trend? Hermione... do you know the names they would call her? Herme. Herpe. Harry. Her Hinney. No thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm. . . .I'm assuming Moose is a nickname so now I'm left guess what his actual name is.

    My mother consistantly thinks names in teh top 10 are great--espcially if it's the top five. She thinks I pick the names I do just to anger her.

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL