I knew it wasn't going to be easy (umm, that's why I decided to take a class and not just teach myself), but I had NO idea how tedious it would be. The actual process is actually easier than I was expecting. The scoring and breaking is fun ... but the grinding! Oh, the grinding! I stood at the grinder for the better part of the day and kept thinking, "If this way paper, I could just trim it!"
I have HOMEWORK, people. Because I'm the third SLOWEST person in the class. There are two people slower than me ... and English is their second language. I very CLEARLY understand every word out of the instructors mouth, and I'm just flipping slow.
So, I am now copper-foiling all my pieces and will play with the sauder gun next Saturday. That's right, I'm learning about stained glass and did not even touch sauder today, because I am so slow.
It'll look fabulous when it's done. One day, when I have wide stretches of time and a real studio to work in I can see enjoying making stained glass projects and selling them (and I'm now well aware as to why stained glass pieces cost so much - the materials are expensive and the time involved in one piece is lots).
All in all, I love learning something new and artistic, but rubber stamps and ink remain my first loves.
Now that I think about: I once thought embossing was difficult and wasn't that impressed with the Cricut the first time I used it. You know, I've been wrong before. Stained glass might just win me over yet :)
The finished product will have a stained glass border as well and be framed out with hooks, so I can
It is slow. I guess I thought of it as meditative. You'll be really proud when you finish.
ReplyDelete