Bean wants to have a Spiderman-themed birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese.
Originally, he wanted to have it at The Other Place, because every other kid in the class has their party there. The Other Place is twice as expensive as Chuck E. Cheese and annoys me probably ten times as much. I explained to Bean that we can have his party at Chuck E. Cheese and he'll get more presents or we can go to The Other Place and he'll get fewer. Well, that quickly solved that :) Chuck E. Cheese it is.
I just ordered the favors, Spiderman stickers and tattoos, bubbles, and crayons. (Umm, I hate giving candy. I hate receiving candy. Do unto others, right?) I also ordered some Valentine's Day stickers ... because, as I learned last year, you can't just give a valentine. You must also give candy (shudder) or pencils or something. I hope the stickers have skulls on them (they are pirate-themed) just to, you know, be a little offensive.
Speaking of skulls ...
I set out a shirt for Bean to wear today. He's worn it a million times. It has an octopus on it. He said it was "too scary." I pulled out his Pirates of the Caribbean shirt (which has a rather realistic-looking skull on it) and asked if that was too scary. He said no.
Now, he's not actually scared - he just thinks being scared will get him out of having to do/wear something. It doesn't, but I didn't think it was necessary to argue over a shirt. He tried to pull that when we put him to bed last night: "But I want to sleep in your bed. My room is too scary." Well, too bad, so sad. Get in your bed before I spank your butt. Spankings = scarier than most anything else.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm SO wondering what The Other Place is. I'm drawing a complete blank. I want to take Charlie to Chuck E. Cheese for his birthday this year--I'm not sure what he'll think of it.
ReplyDelete