Husband is out of town this long weekend. He's in Vegas (for work). But of course, when he's not working ... he's in Vegas! It's probably the fourth or fifth time he's escaped to Vegas for a weekend. Lucky him.
Bean, Moose, and I survived our first night. Bean insisted on sleeping in my bed (but I moved him once he feel asleep). I had friends over for craft night (and was thankful to have both boys asleep before they got here). One of the girls and I stayed up till 1 a.m. - more talking than crafting, but I finally finished my project this afternoon.
This morning, the boys and I went to the thrift shop on base. I had a load of stuff to consign and wanted to look through their boy clothing. As I've mentioned, Bean continues to grow, and I'm constantly on the lookout for inexpensive clothes to dress him in. I found two pairs of pants, two sweaters, and four long-sleeve shirts. Those will help. Oh, I also had a check waiting for me at the shop ... for a whopping $8.67 :) It's better than nothing, and I'm happy not to have the clutter in my house. But I spent $18.13.
We had sandwiches and apples for lunch. Exciting times.
Bean is going to go to House of Toys for a sleepover Sunday night. It'll be his first ::real:: sleepover. He did stay at a friend's house when Moose was born ... but that was more out of necessity than fun.
Moose is up from his nap, so now I must find ways to entertain us till bedtime. Wish me luck :)
1.16.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have two friends who live/are stationed in Vegas. They're both Predator pilots. Both used to pilot other things. Whenever they take pictures from their evenings "out" it looks very glamourous as compared to my evenings out.
ReplyDeleteHang in there, Mel. I have to go to Vegas next year for work. I hate Vegas; I have been there three times. Think you can still work a trade show? You can go for me.
ReplyDeleteI never worked a trade show for them, but I've worked LOTS of booths with my Tastefully Simple business. I love working booths - talking to all the different people, talking about products, checking out the other booths. It's like a self-contained city with lots of people looking to entertain themselves. I'd love to go to work for you!
ReplyDelete