12.01.2009

The Question Game

So, um, Jennie (from She Likes Purple and Style Lush) is going to think I am stalking her. (Jennie, I'm not, I swear, you've just had some most stellar posts lately.) Today, she asked:

What is one place (you haven't yet been) that you'd be ridiculously bummed to never travel to in your lifetime?


I answered Greece immediately. I went back and skimmed the other 20+ comments and found that Greece was the most popular answer. Weird, huh? Do we have some primal need to reconnect with the birthplace of Western society?

You know, I could probably live happily without going to Greece. I'd probably be more bummed if I never made it back to Chester, England. In all of England (and Ireland, but I was never taken with Ireland the way some people are), Chester was the best. It had everything good about London without the hassles tate come with a big city. We only spent a day there, so I often wonder if I'd be as fond of it the second time around.

Oh, and the Florida Keys. My husband and I need to make it back there some time.

I'm clearly more rooted in the known and familiar than the unknown.

In similar news, rumor has it that we may not find out our next assignment till well after Christmas. It's just a rumor as of now, but would anyone be surprised? Not this lady. I wouldn't be surprised, but I'd be a little disappointed. We've been waiting for this news for a long time. What's three or four months, though, when you've been waiting for years.

2 comments:

  1. I want to visit England, Scotland and Ireland--where my people are from. I also have a goal to do all 50 states and I am 10 short. So, AK, HI, NM, MT, ND, SD, AR, NH, VT, and WY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greece is my immediate answer too. I think it has more to do with the fact that it's pretty and in movies, but it's not one of the obvious places that you go if you do the whole European thing. If you've already seen most of Western Europe then it's either Greece or maybe Japan or something.

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL