My mom gets here tomorrow. She's not staying nearly long enough. I've told her as much.
We're hoping to do a mini-Christmas Sunday. Italian beef sandwiches and mashed potatoes! Yummy.
I did some research on Moose's I'm-never-going-to-walk-people-so-stop-bringing-it-up issue. He's reached all his physical milestones (aside from weight gain) on the slow side. He was a late roller-over, a late sitter-upper, so he's naturally going to be a late walker. He's also taken to what is called "knee walking." Knee walkers often don't walk till 20+ months. Parents who describe their knee walkers say they're laid back and content kids (just like our sweet Moose) and they just have zero desire to walk (because they can "walk" and hold things, so why bother with the last part of the leg). Now, sometimes low muscle tone is an issue with late walkers (but I'd be SHOCKED if that was an issue with Moose), but for late walkers with healthy muscle tone, PT is pretty useless. They walk when they walk.
So, that's that.
Fair warning, one of my husband's co-workers borrowed my computer and it's giving me some warning when I start it ... so I'm assuming it could go at any time. I knew my poor computer would contract some porn virus. Never, ever let single guys touch your computer. (His call sign is Wax, ladies, do not be wooed. You have been warned.) (He allegedly used it for work purposed - because the Air Force doesn't allow external devices on their own computers - but here we are with some henious warning popping up.)
Also, AWP (Association of Writers & Writing Programs), what is with you and having conferences in winter in cold places? NYC, Chicago, and now Denver? Do you know how appealing all three of those cities are in the dead of winter. Not. Appealing. At. All. Trust me, I understand how unappealing "the south" is year around, but have you heard of California or Arizona? You know, two states that weren't involved in the Civil War and have very mild winters! Anyway, next year is D.C. in February. I'm not sure that's any better (but I find it more appealing since I know a few people in D.C.).
Bean continues to have green, blue, and yellow days. The green are more frequent than the others, but the kids has yet to have five green days in a row. Whatever. I think we are all ready for winter break.
I started rereading The Catcher in the Rye. Oh, Holden Caulfield, you are a character (literally). The story starts right around this time of year. I just love it. Baby Boy No. 3 ... Caulfield? (Not pregnant. Just throwing names out there.)
12.04.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am with you on your son...he will do it when he is doggone good and ready.
ReplyDeleteI've been to Colorado in the winter and for whatever reason, the cold isn't horrible the way I imagine it is in some of those other places.
ReplyDeleteWe have a friend (pilot, actually) whose son was a late walker and we just rolled our eyes when he complained about it. I mean, you could see just by looking at him that there wasn't anything wrong with the kid--he just didn't want to walk quite yet.
Ha ha. I think most pilots (and many parents, really) have an obsession with their kids being the best, brightest, fastest, etc. I think there's A LOT to be said just to have happy kids. I'm not complaining about Moose not walking (though, the hauling around of 28 pounds does wear on a mama), but as the weeks and months tick by, I get a lot of questions about it and am starting to feel some "eye rolls" over his progress. Fun stuff, right?
ReplyDelete